PDA

View Full Version : Olympus Studio 2.22 Cheap

stryker
13th February 2009, 08:16 PM
A couple of weeks ago I downloaded the trial version of Studio 2.22. Today I had an email from Olympus Imaging Europa saying:

"you have tried the OLYMPUS Studio 2 Software recently, but your trial period will end soon. We hope that you have had the opportunity to work with the product and that it is to your expectations.

It should be a tool for you to organize and manage all tasks to make the best out of your images with a minimum of effort.

Special Offer

If you decide to use it before March 1st you can get a Discount of 30%.
Limited up to the 28th February you can get a full version key for only 69,00 ( instead of 99,00).

Doesn't seem a bad offer to me 61.82 at todays rate. Think I shall be watching the Euro exchange rate between now and the end of the month!

Graham_of_Rainham
14th February 2009, 11:56 AM
...Special Offer

If you decide to use it before March 1st you can get a Discount of 30%.
Limited up to the 28th February you can get a full version key for only 69,00 ( instead of 99,00).

Doesn't seem a bad offer to me 61.82 at todays rate. Think I shall be watching the Euro exchange rate between now and the end of the month!

I'm still considering this, but it's still a lot of money for something I'd only use a limited amount for teathered shooting.

Now if they were to sell it for 20, I'm sure the cash flow would increase for the product.

*chr

yorky
14th February 2009, 03:11 PM
What are the advantages of studio 2.

OlyPaul
15th February 2009, 08:46 AM
What are the advantages of studio 2.

Not a lot. apart from tethered shooting, it is still a clunky outdated piece of software for to much money compared to whats out there in my opinion.

yorky
15th February 2009, 10:20 AM
Thats what version. Thanks

stryker
15th February 2009, 11:47 AM
Version 2.22 is the latest & greatest!

http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/205_olympus_studio_2.htm

250swb
18th February 2009, 08:29 AM
Thats 61 that could be put towards Photoshop Elements 7. In fact even direct from Adobe Elements 7 is only 74, and from other UK sources about 60. You'd need to want tethered shooting an awful lot to buy the hideous and clunky Studio.

Steve

Ian
18th February 2009, 09:08 AM
Not a lot. apart from tethered shooting, it is still a clunky outdated piece of software for to much money compared to whats out there in my opinion.

It is clunky, no doubt about it, but it seems to use the same image processing engine as your camera, so you can get very close results to in-camera settings. The image quality produced by Studio are pretty good in my book.

Ian

stryker
18th February 2009, 09:20 AM
What I like about Studio is, it mirrors the set up of your camera. If you have managed to get your settings wrong [which sometimes happens!] not just white balance but noise reduction settings for example, you can correct them in the RAW image and then go back and set your camera up correctly.
I have tried the 30 day trial of Lightroom 2 and also CS3 but I am happier with Studio for RAW, an old version of Photoshop for any other problems and ACDSee for presentations and slide shows.
Its what works for you.

blu-by-u
18th February 2009, 09:51 AM
It is clunky, no doubt about it, but it seems to use the same image processing engine as your camera, so you can get very close results to in-camera settings. The image quality produced by Studio are pretty good in my book.

Ian
I am just being naughty here..Does this mean the Oly cameras uses Windows? since..nvm..no need to answer..I am just getting over stressed at work and needs a break.

250swb
18th February 2009, 10:25 AM
It is clunky, no doubt about it, but it seems to use the same image processing engine as your camera, so you can get very close results to in-camera settings.

But with the Olympus profiles now used in ACR 4.6 onwards (ACR 5.2 is native to Elements 6 and 7, CS4 and Lightroom 2) you get close or better than camera settings and without the noise in boosted shadows (SAT), without the grit in the sky, and with far more control over the subtler aspects of RAW conversion should you ever need it, and at a similar price, and with a very good browser database (Bridge depending on package), and with the knowledge you can use other cameras with the same ACR software, so you learn it once, not for every camera you have, and its regularly updated, and there is massive user knowledge to draw on for technical help, and with the knowledge ACR integrates directly with a great industry standard image processing/editing package.

Steve