PDA

View Full Version : New Firmware Update Available

wornish
29th June 2017, 08:33 AM
Olympus have just released new firmware version 1.3 for the EM1mk2

Just updated and it seems OK.

Olybirder
29th June 2017, 08:56 AM
It sounds like a very minor update: 'Corrected issue of AF Targeting Pad not functioning.' I was hoping they would introduce the option of a smaller single AF target. Maybe next time.

Ron

Ross the fiddler
29th June 2017, 09:02 AM
It sounds like a very minor update: 'Corrected issue of AF Targeting Pad not functioning.' I was hoping they would introduce the option of a smaller single AF target. Maybe next time.

Ron

I'm not sure that they will, but you never know. :rolleyes:

wornish
29th June 2017, 09:17 AM

Hope so, fingers crossed.

griffljg
29th June 2017, 09:35 AM
Just performed the update on my E-M1 Mk II. It is still working as far as I can tell. :)

Greytop
29th June 2017, 12:55 PM
Mine's now updated too, all seems to be OK.

benvendetta
29th June 2017, 12:55 PM
Looks like they may have solved the issues with the FW released for the Pen F a while back. Will wait and see on that one.........

DanC.Licks
29th June 2017, 01:00 PM
Agree with Ross.... but they could give us something in between 9 and 121 AF fields. 25 would be nice....
I think there are also things in such updates that they don't (need to ) tell us about, so perhaps it is best to always keep it up to date. The fact that there is no going back always bothers me. With my Metabones adapter, it is possible to revert to an earlier version of the firmware if the current one does not work, for whatever reason. I have used that feature a LOT, and skipped a number of in between versions! The latest works, the one before did not, the one before that did... :rolleyes:

Ross the fiddler
29th June 2017, 01:52 PM
Agree with Ross.... but they could give us something in between 9 and 121 AF fields. 25 would be nice....
I think there are also things in such updates that they don't (need to ) tell us about, so perhaps it is best to always keep it up to date. The fact that there is no going back always bothers me. With my Metabones adapter, it is possible to revert to an earlier version of the firmware if the current one does not work, for whatever reason. I have used that feature a LOT, and skipped a number of in between versions! The latest works, the one before did not, the one before that did... :rolleyes:

Yes, they didn't tell us (nor include in update details) for Sync IS FW update on the E-M1 because the 300 f4 lens had not yet been released, but the camera was ready for it with that FW update. *yes

Ross the fiddler
30th June 2017, 03:19 AM
My update is done now as well. Now I've updated AVG & it is doing a very loooooong scan. :rolleyes:

DanC.Licks
30th June 2017, 05:17 AM
Switched from AVG to AVAST some years ago because it was so slow scanning and updating. Both are fine though. These days, with so much hacking going on, I really try to keep Avast and SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes all up to date, and do backups of my system partition. Don't have any loose Bitcoins lying around...
:mad::mad::mad:

Beagletorque
30th June 2017, 09:26 AM

Rolling back firmware is possible with the SD card method (how Oly service do it), good info and old firmware here. https://lightsnowdev.com/Olympus/

Beagletorque
30th June 2017, 10:04 AM

I was told by an Olympus bod when this was complained about that he could not say, but theatrically winking did say, "I can't possibly comment, but it may be possible in firmware update". So basically it is in the pipeline.

Munro 113
30th June 2017, 11:00 AM
It would be nice if Olympus could sort out precapture for the 12-100mm pro

Ross the fiddler
30th June 2017, 12:32 PM
Has the On & OFF symbol always been in the top right area when double tapping the screen for when using AF Targeting Pad? Obviously it has to be enabled in Menu A2 first though.

Pro-Capture (precapture) works with all Olympus μ4/3's lenses. Is that what you mean?

Munro 113
30th June 2017, 12:43 PM
Hi Ross
Yes it was, thanks. However, I was probably thinking of focus stacking. Obviously my brain and typing finger weren't simultaneously engaged in my original post.

Ross the fiddler
30th June 2017, 12:56 PM
Hi Ross
Yes it was, thanks. However, I was probably thinking of focus stacking. Obviously my brain and typing finger weren't simultaneously engaged in my original post.

My brain & mouth does that too, & it gets me into trouble sometimes. :o ;)

Gwyver
30th June 2017, 05:16 PM

Just wondering; what is the nature of the issue you want sorting out?

Walti
30th June 2017, 07:30 PM
Been using the camera this afternoon, and can confirm the bugs with the focus pad have been sorted!