PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get a lanyard neckstrap?

beardedwombat
28th December 2007, 12:26 PM
I had an Olympus lanyard neckstrap turn up in the post the other day. There was nothing with it to indicate where it came from. Anybody else get one?
Chris

PeterD
28th December 2007, 02:14 PM
I had an Olympus lanyard neckstrap turn up in the post the other day. There was nothing with it to indicate where it came from. Anybody else get one?
Chris

You lucky so and so;)

Could be a secret admirer sending a late xmas present*smileysanta

PeterD

theMusicMan
28th December 2007, 02:45 PM
*wavingooooOOOOOoooooohhhh... someone fancies Chris...:):)

Secret admirer eh!

RogerMac
28th December 2007, 03:14 PM
Chris

I got one also. It came from Oly in Switzerland - I was expecting it as it was a freebee promised for registering my 510 a couple of months ago. Similar neckstraps are very popular in Switzerland for hanging one's house keys on when going for a walk etc.

Roger

beardedwombat
28th December 2007, 05:24 PM
*wavingooooOOOOOoooooohhhh... someone fancies Chris...:):)

Secret admirer eh!

You lucky so and so;)

Could be a secret admirer sending a late xmas present*smileysanta

PeterD
I should be so lucky!!;)

PeterD
28th December 2007, 06:11 PM
I got one also. It came from Oly in Switzerland - I was expecting it as it was a freebee promised for registering my 510 a couple of months ago. Similar neckstraps are very popular in Switzerland for hanging one's house keys on when going for a walk etc.

Roger

Chris,

Did you register a 510 recently.

May take the heat off you and resolve the mystery;)

PeterD

Invicta
28th December 2007, 06:57 PM
Chris

If it is one of those seen on the E-3 DVD with a shoulder grip I am very jealous *reindeer

PeterD
28th December 2007, 07:12 PM
If it is one of those seen on the E-3 DVD with a shoulder grip I am very jealous *reindeer

Not having a copy of the DVD I have become curious with your description of a 'shoulder grip'. Is it a nicety or is it something that makes a good contribution to stability whilst shooting?

Kind regards

PeterD

Haisbro
28th December 2007, 07:25 PM
Yep,

I registered an E3 and a E410, i guess its for the E410.

Could you convert it to a wine glass holder for parties?
*crazyxmas

H

Invicta
28th December 2007, 07:28 PM
Not having a copy of the DVD I have become curious with your description of a 'shoulder grip'. Is it a nicety or is it something that makes a good contribution to stability whilst shooting?

Kind regards

PeterD

Alas nothing to help with stability whilst shooting unless you have a copy of Scott Kelby's "The Digital Photography Book". See page 21. This is a beginners book but has lots of tips I found helpful.

The strap in the E-3 DVD is an Oly strap but it has an extra adjustable wide grip part over the shoulder that would prevent slippage, just like on many sports bags.

PeterD
28th December 2007, 08:21 PM
Alas nothing to help with stability whilst shooting unless you have a copy of Scott Kelby's "The Digital Photography Book". See page 21. This is a beginners book but has lots of tips I found helpful.

The strap in the E-3 DVD is an Oly strap but it has an extra adjustable wide grip part over the shoulder that would prevent slippage, just like on many sports bags.

Thanks for your reply and info. I shall look out for the book you recommend.

PeterD

Invicta
28th December 2007, 08:21 PM
A picture paints a thousand words. A screen shot from the Oly E-3 DVD:

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/541/oly-strap.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1692)

Hope its OK to post such a screen shot. I kinda like such an Oly strap.

*smileysanta

PeterD
28th December 2007, 09:10 PM
A picture paints a thousand words. A screen shot from the Oly E-3 DVD:

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/541/oly-strap.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1692)

Hope its OK to post such a screen shot. I kinda like such an Oly strap.

*smileysanta

Thanks for that and I agree with your quote. Also just been on the Amazon site and found the book, read some extracts and have purchased it along with lightroom + accompaning book by the same author.

Been thinking of a better image editing tool and tried lightroom for a month. I am keen to learn and get the right tools for the job. Lightroom certainly has the flexibility to deal with images in the common format using the same tool kit.

PeterD

beardedwombat
28th December 2007, 10:55 PM
Yes Peter I registered an E-510 a little while ago so that explains it. Sorry to disappoint Invicta but the lanyard I received is a rather cheap tacky fabric thing which has been deposited in the empty 510 box. It's the last thing you would want to hang a DSLR from but as Roger says it would be OK for keys!
Cheers
Chris

PeterD
29th December 2007, 01:48 AM
Yes Peter I registered an E-510 a little while ago so that explains it. Sorry to disappoint Invicta but the lanyard I received is a rather cheap tacky fabric thing which has been deposited in the empty 510 box. It's the last thing you would want to hang a DSLR from but as Roger says it would be OK for keys!
Cheers
Chris

As always Chris, you end your comments on a positive note but......its no use in the box if its going to be used for keys;)

Best regards

PeterD

beardedwombat
29th December 2007, 08:48 AM
As always Chris, you end your comments on a positive note but......its no use in the box if its going to be used for keys;)

Best regards

PeterD

Well, can anyone come up with a good use for a tacky lanyard other than hanging keys from it? Cue for a few laughs methinks!*reindeer
Chris