PDA

View Full Version : The Olympus E-M1 MkII Menu System Simplified

tomphotofx
6th May 2017, 09:26 PM
Looking through the forum threads it seems a number of members are struggling with the menus in the EM-1 Mark 2 version there is a good solution to this situation that might help. I can recommend an excellent book available from Amazon as a hard cover at £9.60 or Kindle version at £4.77 the book is by David Thorpe and is called "The Olympus E-M1 MkII Menu System Simplified"

The E-M1 MkII has a menu system comprising 25 screens of menu items most of which have sub menus of their own. Itís no surprise therefore that even experienced users can find themselves scratching their heads as they wade through the hundreds of choices to be made. This book goes through every menu choice in everyday language and explains what it does and why you might want to do it . It may not inspire you in a literary sense but with its help you will find an E-M1 MkII tailored to you needs inspiring to use.

I hope you find this helpful in the pursuit to greet and master the menu system of this fantastic camera.

Regards,

Tom

Talkingdrum
8th May 2017, 08:34 AM
Thanks for posting that Tom. Recently bought the camera myself and something like this is much needed!
Just downloaded the kindle version.

Wee man
8th May 2017, 12:11 PM
Thanks Tom

Wee Man

14th May 2017, 09:40 PM
As a new user of the camera (one month) and a new convert to Olympus from Pentax, this will be invaluable. Many thanks.