PDA

View Full Version : EVF "Info Settings"

Talkingdrum
30th April 2017, 05:07 PM
Can someone explain why "EVF Grid Settings" permanently greyed out?
Thanks

PeterBirder
30th April 2017, 08:51 PM
There are two places in the menus where the grids can be switched on.

1/. "Cogs" menu D3 in Disp/PC ,manual p116.

2/. "Cogs" menu I in EVF styles, manual p121.

It may be that if you are using EVF Style 3 which is the same as the monitor display style you have to use both settings.

I don't have an E-M1 MKII but my E-M10 MKII does something similar.

Hope this helps.*chr

Talkingdrum
1st May 2017, 07:43 AM
There are two places in the menus where the grids can be switched on.

1/. "Cogs" menu D3 in Disp/PC ,manual p116.

2/. "Cogs" menu I in EVF styles, manual p121.

It may be that if you are using EVF Style 3 which is the same as the monitor display style you have to use both settings.

I don't have an E-M1 MKII but my E-M10 MKII does something similar.

Hope this helps.*chr

Thanks, got it. With such a long menu I wonder why they feel they need to duplicate items?

Growltiger
1st May 2017, 08:08 AM
Thanks, got it. With such a long menu I wonder why they feel they need to duplicate items?
The I menu grid settings are only for the old fashioned EVF styles 1 and 2 which some people may still want to use. You have to turn off the last setting on the D3 grid settings before that menu item comes to life. It is much more limited than the new grid setting options on the D3 menu.

So the reason is simply to provide backward compatibility for some people. New users will simply see the I menu entry greyed out.

Talkingdrum
1st May 2017, 08:31 AM
The I menu grid settings are only for the old fashioned EVF styles 1 and 2 which some people may still want to use. You have to turn off the last setting on the D3 grid settings before that menu item comes to life. It is much more limited than the new grid setting options on the D3 menu.

So the reason is simply to provide backward compatibility for some people. New users will simply see the I menu entry greyed out.

Ah ok. Now I understand.