PDA

View Full Version : P mode / floor mode?!

Pupkin
27th April 2017, 10:43 AM
Am enjoying every moment using the E-510 which has opened up the world of learning all about digital photography, it's a steep curve but great fun.

I have a question, whilst learning about P mode, I'm trying shooting in it but for some odd reason, when shooting in this mode and normally outdoors it seems to focus on the floor?? This doesn't occur in any other mode but I've noticed sometimes a few of my shots in P mode are of the floor, which is weird as I use the view finder..:eek:

Can't wait to get a few new lenses as time goes on, but for now I am studying the manual and spending as much time watching the YouTube tutorials.

Cheers

Bikie John
27th April 2017, 10:50 AM
Ummmm, there is a typo there that you might like to correct, Pupkin :)

But apart from that, sorry, I can't help.

John

Pupkin
27th April 2017, 01:16 PM
Ha, have just corrected it! *chr

Bikie John
27th April 2017, 01:32 PM
Ah, sorry, I thought you meant "ON the floor..." ........ :)

John

PeterBirder
28th April 2017, 08:36 AM
Am enjoying every moment using the E-510 which has opened up the world of learning all about digital photography, it's a steep curve but great fun.

I have a question, whilst learning about P mode, I'm trying shooting in it but for some odd reason, when shooting in this mode and normally outdoors it seems to focus on the floor?? This doesn't occur in any other mode but I've noticed sometimes a few of my shots in P mode are of the floor, which is weird as I use the view finder..:eek:

Can't wait to get a few new lenses as time goes on, but for now I am studying the manual and spending as much time watching the YouTube tutorials.

Cheers

The only way the camera will take a shot of the floor is if you point the lens at the floor.
Sounds as if you are inadvertantly pressing the shutter button when handling or carrying the camera.

Regards.*chr