PDA

View Full Version : New Folder

Graham from Wirral
26th April 2017, 07:39 PM
Does anyone know how to change the folder no. in camera from 100?

One of the frustrations with my Mark I and now Mark II is that if I am out for the day taking pictures in more than one place, I can't find a way of organising the files in camera and have to do it on the computer, which takes ages.

All my previous gear (Canon) could do it and my wife's Panasonic point and shoot can do it.

I am happy to be embarrassed if it's something simple that I've missed!

c12402
26th April 2017, 08:22 PM
I'm almost sure there is such an option in the menus, around card setup choices.

Growltiger
26th April 2017, 08:24 PM
It is on page 132 of the manual. It says you can set the three digit number.
Menu/Cog/H1/Card slot settings/Assign save folder/
Then you can specify an existing folder or create a new one.

Graham from Wirral
27th April 2017, 08:40 AM
Thanks very much for that - it was obvious and I'm a little embarrassed, but in my defence, I've only had the Mark II for a few days and haven't got very far into the manual yet.

Thanks again,

Graham

Bikie John
27th April 2017, 08:58 AM
Don't worry Graham - even when you get all the way through the manual you still won't know the answers to most of your questions :)

Oly have finally given us a decent battery indicator on the E-M1 Mk II after years of asking. Perhaps in only another 10 years or so we might get a decent manual.

John

Graham from Wirral
27th April 2017, 09:21 AM
You are right about that, John - and a decent index would be a start.

That's the first place I looked, but the word 'Folder' doesn't appear.

Still, one thing's for sure - the expertise and helpfulness of everyone on this site makes it easy to find out what we need to know.

Graham

Growltiger
27th April 2017, 09:31 AM
Thanks very much for that - it was obvious and I'm a little embarrassed, but in my defence, I've only had the Mark II for a few days and haven't got very far into the manual yet.

Thanks again,

Graham

I recommend downloading the manual. When you open it in Adobe Reader press Ctrl+F and then you can type in the word you want to find. In this case type in "folder", and after pressing the Next button three times you are on the page that gives you the answer. Far better than a printed manual.

Graham from Wirral
27th April 2017, 09:37 AM
I recommend downloading the manual. When you open it in Adobe Reader press Ctrl+F and then you can type in the word you want to find. In this case type in "folder", and after pressing the Next button three times you are on the page that gives you the answer. Far better than a printed manual.

Thanks for that - very helpful and I'll keep it in mind.

Actually, I have already had it printed, and it has been my bed-time reading for a few nights, but for some reason I keep falling asleep. Great cure for insomnia - should be available on the NHS.

Graham

c12402
28th April 2017, 10:34 PM
I've read the manual multiple times, with the camera on hand testing every topic. Even that, I loaded a PDF manual in my iPhone just in case I need to check something when taking pictures in the middle of nowhere.

As indicated by Growltiger, it's very handy for searching.

Mdb2
29th April 2017, 08:11 AM
When I had the mk2 on test and wow over the Easter break the manual was included. Made myself a cuppa and sat down to read and play with the camera,
The tea was still hot when I finished! The booklet was thick with every language that you could ever need, but no real information apart from how to install a battery, flash, and setting AP SP and Manual. Totally useless. I had to download the Manual. If your on OI.Share in my books press the magnify glass i.e. Folder and the page/ section is given.
Kind regards Mike.