PDA

View Full Version : Problem with video - keeps shooting clips

Roy Mathers
25th April 2017, 02:21 PM
Can anyone help please? I am trying to shoot video on the EM1-II, but all I keep getting are clips lasting about 1-2 seconds and a message to the effect that it has been added to My Clips. How can I shoot a conventional video? Is there a deep-hidden setting that I have to change somewhere?

Growltiger
25th April 2017, 07:11 PM
Perhaps you set it to make clips. See page 72.

Try turning the mode dial to P (i.e. not the special video mode setting) and then press the red button to record video. I think the special settings then won't apply. But I may be wrong, I have not done this.

Roy Mathers
25th April 2017, 11:22 PM
I'm afraid that what you advocate doesn't work, but I have managed to solve the problem with advice from another source, advice which is - "It's tricky to describe. From a normal live view display, press OK to get to super control panel. Use cursor buttons to highlight the video setting (bottom row 3rd along) and press OK. As you use left/right cursor buttons to scroll through the options you'll see that some have solid icons and some have outlined icons. Avoid the solid ones! Press OK to accept or info to tweak settings further."

Growltiger
26th April 2017, 07:15 AM
I had another try and now understand it better. Page 72 does describe exactly what to do. It certainly is tricky to describe.

When you choose the video setting, only the first option, on the left of the row, works in Clips mode. The other options to the right of that work normally. That first option is called FHD F and the little icon is different to the normal video icon (I think this is what you were referring to.). Once you have that setting selected you press the Info button and can then select the length of the clip, it defaults to 4 seconds.

Growltiger
26th April 2017, 09:05 AM
Another easier way to set the option is to press the Menu button and go to the Video Menu.
Go to the second row, called Specification settings. You want the top row.
Press Right, the settings are all shown.
The one at the top has the solid picture of the camera, so it does Clips. The others are normal.
If you press Right on the Cl;ips one, it lets you choose all the options for it, including the length of the clips.