PDA

View Full Version : Battery use........

MJ224
17th April 2017, 10:11 AM
Just after how others manage battery life..........

When birding, which means for me wandering around the woods or reserves hoping to spot something good, I find that switching on the camera takes several seconds, too long really.

I now leave the camera on, with the screen set to the super menu, and let the camera switch itself off after a minute.

This enables the camera to come back to life very quickly, with the last settings used, ie not the default set to the C1,2, or 3.

Not sure how this affects the battery life. The battery seems to be a bit like my RX8 fuel gauge, you can see it going down as you drive......

Just interested how other manage in this situation......*chr

percy
17th April 2017, 10:24 AM
Turn off wifi and close the rear screen, only opening it to change settings that I can't easily change when just using the EVF.
If you must use the rear screen turn the brightness down as much as you reasonably can, and any 'dimming' timers for the screen.
No chimping - wait until you get home!

Greytop
17th April 2017, 10:54 AM
Turn off wifi and close the rear screen, only opening it to change settings that I can't easily change when just using the EVF.
If you must use the rear screen turn the brightness down as much as you reasonably can, and any 'dimming' timers for the screen.
No chimping - wait until you get home!

That's pretty much what I do.

MJ224
17th April 2017, 11:19 AM
Chimping??

percy
17th April 2017, 11:23 AM
Chimping??

The habit of checking every photo immediately after capture

Walti
17th April 2017, 04:49 PM
Must admit to simply switching the camera on and leaving it on!

Not run a battery past 40% so far, but always carry a spare!

iso
18th April 2017, 05:59 PM
Chimping??

The habit of checking every photo immediately after capture

Thanks - again something useful learnt from here. Any idea of the origin (Not of the Species), but the word?

percy
18th April 2017, 09:56 PM
Thanks - again something useful learnt from here. Any idea of the origin (Not of the Species), but the word?
Supposedly it refers to showing off a shot immediately after you taken it, with the people viewing it making chimp like sounds of ooh-ooh-aah.

MJ224
19th April 2017, 07:30 AM
Never heard of that behavoir before. Do monkeys have cameras then?

OOh Aah*chr

Mdb2
19th April 2017, 07:57 AM
Whilst out last w/e (Easter) I had the em1mk2 on test and wow and was very impressed with the battery performance with just over 900 photos on one day and still a little life left in the battery! This Made it up near to or better than my 7d2. I had it set to 1min to turn off. Although I still had the habit of manually switching off the switch as I do with my EM1.
Kind regards Mike

MJ224
19th April 2017, 09:24 AM
It's named after Chimpanzees, which are not monkeys. Otherwise it would be called something like Babooning or Vervetting ;)

Or monkeying around I suppose...:rolleyes: