PDA

View Full Version : E-System Pro Backpack Questions

Garrie
2nd February 2009, 06:56 PM
Hi All,

I've been thinking about a better and bigger backpack recently and just noticed the Pro backpack by Olympus.

I've managed to find it for 69.00
http://www.ukoptics.co.uk/olympus-esystem-pro-backpack-p-1174.html

I've a few questions to anyone that has the backpack, if you don't mind. Will the backpack hold an E1 with battery grip and lens attached, a E500 Body, a E510 body, Oly 40 - 150 zoom, Oly 14- 42 zoom, Oly 35 macro, sigma 10 - 20 and the FL50, lol... I know its pushing it but from looking at the pics its hard to tell, I think I may just get that little lot in at a push maybe..

Does the backpack have a strap for a tripod?

The backpack appears to be fully water proofed aswell which is a bonus.

Cheers in advance.
Garrie

dbutch
2nd February 2009, 07:09 PM
Hi Garrie

Don't know if you saw my post yesterday but I have put my hardly used backpack up for sale see link here to thread http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4458

The pics are in my gallery so may help you

The bag is pretty big, could have a go at looking for sure what I can get in it, E-1 with grip does. There are some straps on the back that can be used for a tripod, the zip on the laptop pocket is a waterproof on the others not so.

Cheers Dave *chr

dbutch
2nd February 2009, 07:49 PM
Garrie

Had a quick play and its amazing what it will swallow!
http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/bag-3.jpg

In here is E-1 with grip and 14-54, E-400 body, E-510 body, 14-42, 14-45, 11-22, 40-150, 50-200 & a FL50 with stoffen.
You then have the laptop pocket and the pockets on the flont flap for batteries, leads, filters etc (hope you have a good back)

Where the FL50 is shown you can fit the E-510 with 14-42 fitted or the 70-300

PM if interested

Cheers Dave

benvendetta
2nd February 2009, 08:01 PM
I have one but it lives in the loft! It is pretty big and will hold my E-3 kit with room to spare. There is a tripod strap but I have never tried it. The problem with the backpack is when fully loaded it weighs a ton (or should that be tonne?) and this doesn't encourage its usage. I have contemplated using it just for storage but my Lowepro Nova 5 does this pretty well at the moment and is better made IMO. Maybe if and when I get more lens/accessories the backpack will become my storage of choice.
By the way I did remove the cheap and nasty inside flap with the pen holders. I don't need them and they add little to the backpack's functionality. Perhaps this means that I would never be able to sell it, but what the hell - it didn't cost me anything as it came as part of the E-3 promotion twelve months ago.

Garrie
2nd February 2009, 08:16 PM
Garrie

Had a quick play and its amazing what it will swallow!
http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/bag-3.jpg

In here is E-1 with grip and 14-54, E-400 body, E-510 body, 14-42, 14-45, 11-22, 40-150, 50-200 & a FL50 with stoffen.
You then have the laptop pocket and the pockets on the flont flap for batteries, leads, filters etc (hope you have a good back)

Where the FL50 is shown you can fit the E-510 with 14-42 fitted or the 70-300

PM if interested

Cheers Dave

Just what I'm looking for, you have a pm :D

andym
2nd February 2009, 08:54 PM
Garrie

Just to add that the backpack may be big but it is very comfortable and padded.I walk many miles with mine sometimes with most of my lenses and both the E3 and E1.

You wont regret it.

Graham_of_Rainham
2nd February 2009, 10:29 PM
I'm going to have to get more kit, my one is looking empty in comparison :D

Solar
2nd February 2009, 11:32 PM
I am in the market for a backpack such as this ... does anyone have the Kata R-102 and E-bag and how do the two compare?

Archphoto
2nd February 2009, 11:47 PM
I have the LowePro Computrekker Plus AW,
Holds:
E520 with 7-14mm
E410 with 14-42mm
11-22mm, 40-150mm, 3-4 other lenses, a compartment with a Minolta Flashmeter IV, Minolta Colormeter II and flash, 2 table tripods and the usual small stuff and a 15" laptop.
And it has a provision for a tripod and a raincorver.

Fully loaded: heavy.

Paid $ 190,- for it at B+H New York

I love it, well made and with loads of options.

Peter

MarkVarley
3rd February 2009, 12:16 AM
I'm going to have to get more kit, my one is looking empty in comparison :D

I've been thinking about getting a bigger bag and thought I may have found a bargain when I saw the price in the first post, sadly it's the same size as the one I currently use, possibly smaller (tamrac cyberpack 9) :(