PDA

View Full Version : External Flash connector cover

MJ224
3rd April 2017, 10:44 AM
Just realised I have lost the above.

An internet search shows that Luton Cameras sell a replacement for 3.50 + 3.00 postage, both seem to be a bit excessive to me.

HAs anyone seen another source??

TIA*chr

Bassman51
3rd April 2017, 08:50 PM
Check eBay. Generic is fine, as the hot shoe is a standard size.

DerekW
3rd April 2017, 09:58 PM
I thought the cover was designed to be lost or put away in a box waiting until the camera is to be sold on.

There are too many plastic things that may look pleasing but are a liability.

Bassman51
4th April 2017, 02:07 PM
I thought the cover was designed to be lost or put away in a box waiting until the camera is to be sold on.

There are too many plastic things that may look pleasing but are a liability.

Along with the branded lens cap, strap, mains cable for the charger, USB cable, etc.

MJ224
16th April 2017, 09:05 AM
Bit the bullet and bought a new one from Watford cameras 6.30

At least it had the correct motif on it and it screwed in nice and tight.

Must get a bit of Loctite on it *chr

MJ224
16th April 2017, 09:07 AM
Check eBay. Generic is fine, as the hot shoe is a standard size.

Its the little round job on the front of the camera, presumably for a flash in that does work via the hot shoe. (Not the hot shoe fitting)

But thanks anyway...*chr

Michael Sewell
16th April 2017, 11:09 PM
Its the little round job on the front of the camera, presumably for a flash in that does work via the hot shoe. (Not the hot shoe fitting)

But thanks anyway...*chr

What you're after is a pc (Pro Compur) cover. They are standard, and generally cheap as chips.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Protective-Terminal-Cover-Cap-Protector-for-Camera-with-PC-SYNC-Socket-Port-Jack/121992405084

MJ224
17th April 2017, 08:14 AM
What you're after is a pc (Pro Compur) cover. They are standard, and generally cheap as chips.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Protective-Terminal-Cover-Cap-Protector-for-Camera-with-PC-SYNC-Socket-Port-Jack/121992405084

Thanks for that Michael, could have saved me a fiver if I had known earlier :(

But info stored for future loss's, and may well be useful for other mk2 owners......*chr

Michael Sewell
17th April 2017, 12:14 PM
Thanks for that Michael, could have saved me a fiver if I had known earlier :(

But info stored for future loss's, and may well be useful for other mk2 owners......*chr

Apologies for the late reply

MJ224
17th April 2017, 05:24 PM
No apologies needed :)

But info stored for future losses

*chr