PDA

View Full Version : Gillis Bag

Walti
24th March 2017, 10:16 AM
Has anyone worked out how to pack the camera and a few lenses into the freebee bag yet?

I've had a couple of goes and failed!

So it looks like the body and battery pack will go in the top section, end on, without a lens. I can only get one lens, flash and charger into the bag - I certainly can't get a decent selection of lenses in!

Phill D
24th March 2017, 10:25 AM
Haven't tried mine but Damian McGillicuddy was using his so he must have worked it out. I really don't think I need such a posh bag so it's likely to go up for sale to a good home.

Ricoh
24th March 2017, 11:58 AM
Carrying expensive camera kit in anything remotely looking like a camera bag just adds to the possibility of theft. Best to use a tatty old bag with a padded sleeve to attenuate any shock.

MJ224
24th March 2017, 04:39 PM
Has anyone worked out how to pack the camera and a few lenses into the freebee bag yet?

So it looks like the body and battery pack will go in the top section, end on, without a lens. I can only get one lens, flash and charger into the bag - I certainly can't get a decent selection of lenses in!

Its a waste of space IMHO. Too heavy, how to put a camera in it is a mystery, only good point is that it smells delicious.............

Ricoh
24th March 2017, 06:36 PM
Its a waste of space IMHO. Too heavy, how to put a camera in it is a mystery, only good point is that it smells delicious.............
Probably explains why they were giving them away.

johneth
24th March 2017, 07:48 PM

If you look on the Gillis website there are demonstration videos showing how to pack the various bags.

john

iso
25th March 2017, 07:06 PM
Think this Show 'offer' rather supports the idea, that there is no such thing as a free lunch.:)