PDA

View Full Version : 14th Challenge ... Love

snapper1609
2nd February 2009, 12:05 AM
Hi all e-groupies

Here is the theme for the 14th e-Group Photo Challenge. As we are in the month of February and the fourteenth is Valentine's Day, then predictably this month’s theme is "Love". Make of this what you will!

I'd appreciate it if a Figure of Authority could make this a sticky in the forum please.

The Rules

1. Photos should be taken (dated in EXIF) between - 00:01 GMT Monday 2nd February - and midnight Saturday 21st February and sent in during that period. Photos will be posted in the gallery on Sunday 22nd February and voting will be completed by midnight Saturday 28th February, giving just under 3 weeks to get entries in.

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name, (b) your e-group forum name and (c) a title for your photo, in the email. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge.

3. Entries to the challenge :-

a. Should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects and no borders
b. Must be jpg format and no more than 800 px on the longest edge
c. Must have been taken on an Olympus E-Series camera
d. Must have all EXIF data included for the organiser to verify.
e. Max file size to suit the gallery here is 512kb.

4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. But if you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another that's OK, you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

6. Voting on the challenge:-

a. Any registered member of the e-group forum may vote including those who submit entries.
b. Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit.
c. Voters should list their three choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.
d. Points will be allotted as follows: three to first choice, two to second choice, one to third choice.

Pictures to be included in this 14th Challenge must arrive in my inbox before midnight on 21st February.

Please send your entries to terryh1609@yahoo.co.uk and include the word OLYMPUS in the title.

Wishing everyone the best of luck, have fun!

Cheers

Terry
(snapper1609)

snapper1609
14th February 2009, 10:54 AM
As it's Valentine's Day thought I would bump this thread. I don't know whether it's the usual thing to do but should this not have been put as a "sticky" by someone in authority by now.

By the way, early days, but not one entry. :confused:

Jonesgj
14th February 2009, 11:40 AM
Terry - Totally missed this. Hope it is made sticky soon.

Will be trying this week.

Graydon

Susan
16th February 2009, 07:45 AM
Hi Terry

I think this is a cracking challenge title. I've got the idea for my shot and will get it in to you this week.

We're amid renovating our bathroom, so have been up to our necks in pipework, tiles and grout. Not great on the old fingernails :(

I hope you've had more entries in now?

Susan :)

snapper1609
19th February 2009, 03:56 PM
Well under three days to go and we definitely have a first and second but as yet no third place!!!!!

Susan
19th February 2009, 11:07 PM
I'm processing as I type :)

Will be with you asap

Sus :)

Ellie
20th February 2009, 12:17 AM
:o Guilty, must get camera out!

snapper1609
20th February 2009, 01:23 PM
Now we have a contest - for first, second, third and last !!!