PDA

View Full Version : Switching between Back Button and BIF mode

DerekW
23rd March 2017, 11:20 AM
Thanks to all who have commented on the BBF thread, I have started to get the hang of using the process.

The next step is how to easily switch to the settings for moving action shots where the object is moving to or from the camera ie BIF.

How do you switch quickly between the two modes of operating - Thanks for any suggestions.

Walti
23rd March 2017, 12:28 PM
C1 c2 c3...

pdk42
23rd March 2017, 12:43 PM
Yep, I have C1 setup for BBF, no face detect - it's my default setting. I use C2 without BBF with face detect - the "people" setting. I then use the lever function to additionally switch AF modes. On C1, it switches from SAF to MF in position 2. On C2 it switches from SAF to CAF.

I then use C3 for long exposures (Livetime, fixed ISO 200, BBF). On the Pen (which has a C4) I have that set for MF lenses - assigning peaking and zooming to specific buttons. If I could have additional C modes, I'd set another up for "action" - CAF etc. As it is, I have the non C-modes (A, S, P) setup like this. It's sort of another C mode really. Either that or I use C2 with the lever at position 2.

DerekW
23rd March 2017, 12:53 PM
Thank you both for pointing me in the right direction.

On a previous thread there was a comment that the Firmware install did not restore the C1 C2 C3 settings. Is this a false memory on my part

Thanks.

Gwyver
23rd March 2017, 05:18 PM
Thank you both for pointing me in the right direction.

On a previous thread there was a comment that the Firmware install did not restore the C1 C2 C3 settings. Is this a false memory on my part

Thanks.

Derek,
The f/w install does restore the C1/C2/C3 settings.
However currently it does not restore the Shutter speed & aperture values (if you have set drive mode = Manual for the Custom settings).

See my post #18 in this thread: http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44419&page=2 for details.

It seems like Olympus will be rectifying this soon - see Maria's post (#22) in the above-mentioned thread.