PDA

View Full Version : Replacement neckstrap

BreezeG
20th March 2017, 05:38 PM
The neckstrap that comes with the Em1ii seems a bit large and unwieldy for the camera body and when I pack the camera away most space seems to be taken by the strap. Can anyone recommend a decent alternative?

drmarkf
20th March 2017, 07:07 PM
I love these: soft and flexible, grippy on both sides, and comfortable even on bare skin at the beach!

https://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/camera-strap-v2

BreezeG
20th March 2017, 07:35 PM
Thanks Mark, they look good.

Sandman
21st March 2017, 03:27 AM
Check out the Slide Lite from PeakDesign. It's a really great strap. They have a whole ecosystem of accessories that work with the strap mounts and ARCA plates as well.

maccabeej
21st March 2017, 06:41 AM
Another vote for Peak Design.

Shaw
21st March 2017, 07:42 AM
I also use Peak Design system.

benvendetta
21st March 2017, 12:29 PM
I use a Peak Design and they are very flexible and easy to use. I have the anchors fitted to both my EM1 (body and grip) and Pen F.
I wouldn't buy anything else however I do use a Sunsniper when I am 'going large'.

drmarkf
21st March 2017, 03:04 PM
I have actually converted my Think Tank 2.0 strap to use the Peak Design clip system (it took half an hour with a tough sewing needle and some nylon thread, and had the additional advantage of sewing in the loose ends of the TT strap).

I certainly agree the PD clips are really useful when you've got several cameras, a grip and several neck and wrist straps that you like to use on different cameras at different times.

steverh
21st March 2017, 03:27 PM
Another vote for the Peak Design "infrastructure"!

Jim Ford
21st March 2017, 04:47 PM
Check out the Slide Lite from PeakDesign. It's a really great strap.

There's 43 good reasons why it should be a "great strap"!!

Jim

DerekW
21st March 2017, 06:52 PM
I use the Op/tech straps - they spread the weight across the back of the neck very well.