PDA

View Full Version : Backlit Triptych

pandora
19th March 2017, 04:33 AM
Backlit Triptych
Charismatic gum trees shot on this morning's "keep fit" walk.
Wished I'd had the E3, missed a UFO in the form of a bird
that I've been wanting to add to my collection for a tme.

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/Backlit_Gums.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/92227)
Phone Camera

Phill D
19th March 2017, 07:40 AM
Gosh you painted them quick :D
Nice shots Mark, joking apart they do have a nice painterly feel to them.

pandora
19th March 2017, 09:25 AM
Thank you Phill. it was such a bright sunny morning, our temps still in the 30C range, if I don't get my exercise I'll get un-fitter!
The river gums have been daubed by the old master painter that lives in the sky. eh!

DerekW
19th March 2017, 10:31 AM
Pando - the bark of the tree is how some of your painrings appear - the ones I commented on a few weeks back regarding large pixels.

pandora
19th March 2017, 10:57 AM
Large pixels or dust bunnies, Derek! Yes, and thanks, gum tree trunks make good subjects for painting and photography, unfortunately they are done to death so I try not to include too many of them in my artworks.

DerekW
19th March 2017, 12:45 PM
but you have included the gum tree theme in your Rock Pool picture and your sea picture a few weeks ago (Edith Falls and Rhythm of the Waves)

OM USer
19th March 2017, 02:51 PM
They do have the feel of your brushwork Mark. Nice choice of subject and the three of them sit very well together.

Mrs T
19th March 2017, 03:32 PM
Lovely triptych Mark. Subjects for the next painting?

iso
19th March 2017, 05:44 PM
Question is, do you paint the way you take photos, or take photos the way you paint :p
Lovely shots :)

pandora
19th March 2017, 08:50 PM
Question is, do you paint the way you take photos, or take photos the way you paint :p
Lovely shots :)
That's a very good question, they're different mediums, iso. :D
To some degree I compose paintings like I compose photos.
I don't try to make photos look like paintings and I don't try to make paintings look like photos.
If you want a serious answer to your question then go to my blog on it.
Painting vs. Photography
https://www.markgreenhill.com.au/blog

but you have included the gum tree theme in your Rock Pool picture and your sea picture a few weeks ago (Edith Falls and Rhythm of the Waves)
That's drawing a long bow, Derek :)

They do have the feel of your brushwork Mark. Nice choice of subject and the three of them sit very well together.
Thanks OM, my brush strokes can only imitate the trunk of a gum tree but the gum tree wins every time.

Lovely triptych Mark. Subjects for the next painting?Next painting is on the easel but you'll have to wait Amanda. :)

iso
20th March 2017, 07:02 PM
HI Mark - your Blog is now shortcutted to my Desktop. Will read anon*chr

pandora
20th March 2017, 10:51 PM
: I am honoured, iso :tup

Beagletorque
25th March 2017, 04:31 PM
That gum bark is quite something. It reminds me slightly of your own painting style Mark.

pandora
25th March 2017, 08:49 PM
Where do you think the gum trees took their bark patterns from, Andrew? :cool:

iso
26th March 2017, 07:06 PM
Where do you think the gum trees took their bark patterns from, Andrew? :cool:
So that's what you do with your time - you are an official Gum Tree Painter, or is it Painter of Gum Trees. Cunning Aussie Government trick to make them all look the same - you must make a fortune*chr

pandora
26th March 2017, 07:25 PM
So that's what you do with your time - you are an official Gum Tree Painter, or is it Painter of Gum Trees. Cunning Aussie Government trick to make them all look the same - you must make a fortune*chr

*yes I wish ... *shrug