PDA

View Full Version : Offers from Ffordes

Harold Gough
18th March 2017, 07:14 PM
I have not studied the offers but Ffordes is a retailer I have come to trust.

http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=2775357d43c6120dafe7fda8e&id=759d187492&e=35d5c78aaf

Harold

yorky
18th March 2017, 08:22 PM
In the past I have dealt with them when I was selling some older Olympus equipment. I found them excellant

raichea
18th March 2017, 11:10 PM
I've sold quite a bit of 4/3 kit through Ffordes and found them to be very good. I think that you can often achieve a better price (even after their commission) than through private sales thanks to the warranty they offer and the perceived buyer security from dealing with a commercial company.

Bikie John
19th March 2017, 08:56 AM
I am another who has had good experiences with Ffordes over several years. However we have one poster who recently reported a problem that was sufficiently serious that they now refuse to have anything to do with them. Sorry, I can't remember who it was, but as always - caveat emptor!

John

Naughty Nigel
20th March 2017, 03:48 PM
I have dealt with Ffordes since they were based in Southend, and have visited both of their shops on occasions!

A firm recommendation from me.

Ricoh
20th March 2017, 04:36 PM
I am another who has had good experiences with Ffordes over several years. However we have one poster who recently reported a problem that was sufficiently serious that they now refuse to have anything to do with them. Sorry, I can't remember who it was, but as always - caveat emptor!

John
I had a problem with them. I ordered a light meter on line, paid for next day delivery. I waited and waited and no delivery. I phoned up to enquire, basically they had cancelled my order without informing me, not a peep. It came to light that the price had gone up and hence the cancellation. I believe they should have honoured my order given I received email confirmation. Not impressed and I have made a firm commitment to not purchase from them again.

Naughty Nigel
20th March 2017, 07:28 PM
I had a problem with them. I ordered a light meter on line, paid for next day delivery. I waited and waited and no delivery. I phoned up to enquire, basically they had cancelled my order without informing me, not a peep. It came to light that the price had gone up and hence the cancellation. I believe they should have honoured my order given I received email confirmation. Not impressed and I have made a firm commitment to not purchase from them again.

If true that is very sharp practice.

I had a similar experience with Park Cameras, and vowed never to use them again.

I bought my spare E1 body from Park Cameras by mail order, having called them on the phone number shown in their advert in AP. When the camera arrived the price was significantly higher than advertised and quoted over the phone. I complained, but the response was that I "hadn't mentioned the AP advert". :mad:

Interestingly, I raised the subject on the AP forum, and the Mods took it down within half an hour. I cannot imagine why. :rolleyes: