PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea

LMGruchy
11th March 2017, 08:58 AM
Has anyone ever exhibited at any of the RHS shows, please? If so, did they provide the stands? What did you and others do in the way of mounting, framing etc.

Has anyone used acrylic printing? What were the results like?

The reason I'm asking is that after submitting four images to the RHS Photographic competition I have been given permission to apply for space to display a portfolio and compete for a medal at Chelsea! Obviously, I may not be successful in my application (actually I probably won't) but I'm going to apply anyway.

The application form has to be submitted by Monday and it's asking for information up front, like the size of prints, whether they would be mounted and framed etc.

I've pretty much narrowed down the images I want to display - 4 landscape and two portrait to sort of balance it up, but the portrait proportions are different from the landscape and I don't know if I can get the portraits in acrylic. Also, a cock-up would be horribly expensive.

If not, I would have frames of the same size and just do different sized matts.

The reason I'm panicking a bit is that they want to know on the application form, and if I subsequently change what I'm doing, they may well mark me down.

But I don't want to panic too much because as I say, it may never happen, probably won't.

What I don't want to do is display embarrassingly presented photos that make me look like a rank amateur from the sticks, even if I am a rank amateur from the sticks.

MJ224
11th March 2017, 10:13 AM
Can't help, but good luck.........

OM USer
11th March 2017, 02:58 PM
Sounds a marvellous opportunity. Good luck.

benpanesar
11th March 2017, 10:30 PM
No help here I'm afraid so I would go with your instinct and hopefully enjoy the day !
regards Ben

LMGruchy
24th March 2017, 09:53 AM
It was a "regret to inform", so no go. I'm kind of relieved, but disappointed too.

MJ224
24th March 2017, 10:16 AM
Sorry to hear that, I bet it was a really great photo(s)..........

OM USer
24th March 2017, 12:27 PM
Shame on them.