PDA

View Full Version : Who Pays the Ferryman - Old painting

pandora
8th March 2017, 04:19 AM
This is a watercolour painting painted pleine air whilst on a visit to Looe, Cornwall UK in 1990.

The Tate offered me thousands for it but it had such sentimental value for me that I could not part with it. :p

I found it in my junk room in an old suitcase, the one that I brought it home in, so I've just gone to the trouble of framing it!

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/Looe.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/92085)
W&N Artist's watercolours on Arches 300gsm, 18" x 12"

MJ224
8th March 2017, 09:17 AM
That's a really nice painting Mark.

I recognized Looe before reading your blurb.

And have been on that ferry many times, was quite cheap as well as far as I remember................

Phill D
8th March 2017, 01:54 PM
I think that's lovely Mark. Not sure why but it seems to have a French feel somehow.

OM USer
8th March 2017, 02:31 PM
Captures the place perfectly (well, when the sun shines).

iso
8th March 2017, 06:45 PM
Beautiful un-hesitant hand:)

Mrs T
8th March 2017, 08:48 PM
A great painting Mark. I like the style of it.

pandora
9th March 2017, 03:36 AM
Thanks Amanda

pandora
9th March 2017, 07:31 PM
SORRY GUYS, I'VE JUST FOUND MY REPLY TO YOURS, COMPOSED BUT UNSENT

That's a really nice painting Mark.
I recognized Looe before reading your blurb.
And have been on that ferry many times, was quite cheap as well as far as I remember................
Hi Mark, I take it that you have a connection with Looe. I imagine it would be a great place for your sailing. Thank you. *chr

I think that's lovely Mark. Not sure why but it seems to have a French feel somehow.
Thanks Phill, maybe it's the boatman's cap that gives it that feel.

Captures the place perfectly (well, when the sun shines).
The sun shone for the whole six weeks that we were in the UK, September/October 1990.

Beagletorque
9th March 2017, 11:26 PM
Another classic Mark, what prolific output.

pandora
10th March 2017, 12:10 AM
Not terribly prolific, Andrew. The current offerings were dug out of the proverbial attic, but thanks all the same, mate!