PDA

View Full Version : Find the perfect film for you

Invicta
26th February 2017, 09:51 PM
Bit of fun: Film Dating, what is the perfect film for you?

To get the best results, it's important that you don't eliminate an image because the composition or subject don't please you for example. Take an instant to look at the contrast, saturation, temperature etc.... Don't rush it out and pay attention to the look and feel of each image.

https://www.oneyearwithfilmonly.com/film-dating

Seems my match is Kodak tx 400. Characterized by its fine grain quality, notable edge sharpness, and high resolving power, hmm like the sound of that *yes

French photographer Vincent Moschetti sold his digital photography equipment in favour of film photography. He has started a website to share his experience: One Year With Film Only. The Film Dating page is looking build an email dist list so if you want to be anonymous put a totally fake email addy in to see your result.

OM USer
27th February 2017, 12:55 PM
I seem to be a Lomography Colour 400 or Kodak Colour Plus 200 person. I ran it again with different options and it came up with Fuji Superia X-Tra 400. I used to shoot Fuji Velvia; I don't know how far off that is.

Naughty Nigel
27th February 2017, 07:31 PM
Hmm, I have tried the quiz twice, but it only comes up with Fuji Pro 400H and Agfa vista plus 400, which are medium speed colour negative films.

I mainly use Vevia 50, Provia 100 or either FP4+ or HP5+ for black and white. I haven't used a colour negative film for years, although I still have a few rolls of Kodak Portra NC and VC in the freezer.

Which all leaves me wondering what they are promoting? :)

Update: I clicked on the Fuji Pro 400H and it took me to Kodak Ektar 100 Professional ISO 100 on Amazon!