PDA

View Full Version : Trump Hacked Off

Harold Gough
21st February 2017, 11:02 AM
Is nothing sacred?

https://www.grahamcluley.com/hacker-defaces-donald-trump-fundraising-site-via-subdomain-takeover-attack/

Harold

DerekW
21st February 2017, 11:28 AM
how do you know that the site is safe and not riddled with nasties?

Naughty Nigel
21st February 2017, 01:52 PM
There can be little doubt that Trump is a nasty piece of work. There also seem to be well-founded concerns about his mental health.

That said, I cannot help but feel that if the Democrats had made the same policy decisions the masses would have simply swallowed them and said nothing, just as they did with Tony Blair here.

Ulfric M Douglas
21st February 2017, 07:51 PM
There can be little doubt that Trump is a nasty piece of work.
Despite that I feel he is the first POTUS for many years that has the potential to stop the USA from bombing the world.
All they ever seem to do is bomb folks ... hopefully less from now on.

Naughty Nigel
21st February 2017, 09:42 PM
Despite that I feel he is the first POTUS for many years that has the potential to stop the USA from bombing the world.

I think that is true. America has been going down the pan under its past few presidents, but Trump at least seems keen to bring manufacturing and prosperity back to the country, and isn't afraid to confront the big corporates over the issue.

I can only hope we follow suit.

In an age where we are supposedly trying to reduce carbon emissions it is madness to be shipping almost everything we buy all the way from China, simply so that the big corporates can inflate their bottom lines for a year or two. :rolleyes:

We worry and complain about the power and influence of China, but then ship all of our jobs out there. :mad:

PeterBirder
21st February 2017, 10:59 PM

I fear your optimism may be misplaced.

Nine days into his presidency Trump authorised a risky and ill planned raid in Yemen which resulted in multiple civilian deaths, the death of a US serviceman and the loss of an aircraft for very little if any gain.

Given his thin skin and inability to accept anyone elses view of reality (especially if they are right) together with the fact he has installed his "puppet master" Bannon (who believes in Armageddon:eek:) to a powerful post on the National Security Council I would think he is quite capable of starting WWIII because some foreign leader has said something about his hair or fake tan.

We live in scary times.:(

PeterBirder
21st February 2017, 11:07 PM
I think that is true. America has been going down the pan under its past few presidents, but Trump at least seems keen to bring manufacturing and prosperity back to the country, and isn't afraid to confront the big corporates over the issue.

I can only hope we follow suit.

In an age where we are supposedly trying to reduce carbon emissions it is madness to be shipping almost everything we buy all the way from China, simply so that the big corporates can inflate their bottom lines for a year or two. :rolleyes:

We worry and complain about the power and influence of China, but then ship all of our jobs out there. :mad:

That would be OK except that he doesn't believe in climate change and the main plank of his plan for industry is to restart the coal industry, abandon environmental controls and withdraw from the climate control treaty.*shrug

Jim Ford
22nd February 2017, 09:38 AM
As I understand it, the 'So Called Representative Of The United States' is also lifting the ban on dumping coal waste into local streams and rivers!

Is there no beginning to Trump's competence?

Jim

Naughty Nigel
22nd February 2017, 11:53 AM
That would be OK except that he doesn't believe in climate change and the main plank of his plan for industry is to restart the coal industry, abandon environmental controls and withdraw from the climate control treaty.*shrug

Indeed. I too find this very worrying.

However, I do wonder how accurately the media, and especially the US media are reporting Trumps policies, tantrums and so forth.

The mainstream media are notoriously liberal, and we know only too well that they will turn a blind eye to questionable policies of liberal administrations, but will openly exaggerate and even lie about policies of the right.

Take Tony Blair's invasion of Iraq, and the smoking ban. Would David Cameron or Theresa May have ever got away with those?

I also hear that Trumps ban on people from certain Moslem countries traveling to the USA was an act quietly passed under the Obama administration, but Trump has now chosen to enact it.

I just wish I knew what the truth was. All I do know is that we are not hearing it from the media. :rolleyes:

Wally
22nd February 2017, 01:36 PM
After eading through the thread thus far, I have to ask the question as to which lunatics are responsible for the running of the asylum?

At the end of the day it is we who put them into the driving seat. *yes

Naughty Nigel
22nd February 2017, 02:00 PM
After eading through the thread thus far, I have to ask the question as to which lunatics are responsible for the running of the asylum?

At the end of the day it is we who put them into the driving seat. *yes

Truly, we get the politicians we deserve. :rolleyes:

It does worry me when I see coverage of American political rallies on the news. The American public just seems to lap up whatever the politicians say, however implausible or irrational. If they have the money they can get to the Whitehouse.

But rather like the Brexit vote, would the anti-Trump protesters be out on the streets if the vote had gone the other way?

And would Mrs Clinton really have been any better?

PeterBirder
22nd February 2017, 02:04 PM
I also hear that Trumps ban on people from certain Moslem countries traveling to the USA was an act quietly passed under the Obama administration, but Trump has now chosen to enact it.

You heard wrongly. The act, which was passed by Congress ,which had and still has a Republican majority was an ammendment to the Visa Waiver Program which allows citizens from some countries including the UK to visit the US for ninety days without the need to have a visa. President Obama signed the act as is normal procedure for all acts.

The ammendment removed the same countries named in Trump's Executive Order from the program which simply meant that their citizens and people who have visited the countries now have to apply for a visa to visit the US. This was done because of the US Government's concern that these countries were sponsors of terrorism or safe havens for terrorists. It did not ban all citizens from visiting.

The Trump administration hastily and lazily used this list of countries to produce the Executive Order to show that he was implimenting his campaign promises quickly. This resulted in many people who did have valid visas and were already in transit to be arrested and threatened with deportation.

What you probably heard was Trump's chief of staff (Preibus) insinuating that Obama had passed the same legislation in order to defend their cock up.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/visit/visa-waiver-program.html

Regards.

Naughty Nigel
22nd February 2017, 02:55 PM
You heard wrongly.

....... What you probably heard was Trump's chief of staff (Preibus) insinuating that Obama had passed the same legislation in order to defend their cock up.

Yes; which just proves my point that you cannot believe a word the media says.

Harold Gough
22nd February 2017, 04:22 PM
As I understand it, the 'So Called Representative Of The United States' is also lifting the ban on dumping coal waste into local streams and rivers!

Is there no beginning to Trump's competence?

Jim

Come on, show some respect for a man of exceptional ability:

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2015/09/donald-trump-has-lost-between-1-and-6-billion-over-his-business-career

Harold

George Dorn
22nd February 2017, 09:54 PM
You heard wrongly.

What you probably heard was Trump's chief of staff (Preibus) insinuating that Obama had passed the same legislation in order to defend their cock up.

Yes; which just proves my point that you cannot believe a word the media says.

Wouldn't the readonable conclusion be that you cannot believe a word the Trump administration says?

Zuiko
22nd February 2017, 11:17 PM
Wouldn't the readonable conclusion be that you cannot believe a word the Trump administration says?

Part of the problem is that Trump doesn't always say what he means and sometimes fails to express himself clearly. There was a good example several days ago when he made a speech at a rally, in which he appeared to be saying that a terrorist attack had happened the previous night in Sweden, when nothing of the sort had occurred. It turned out that he was referring to a report about alleged increases in violence and rape since Sweden began to welcome large numbers of refugees, which was aired the previous evening on Fox News.

There are two worrying things about this. Firstly, it appears that the President seems to get his "facts" from dubious sources such as Fox News, rather than from the official briefings that surely must be available to him. Secondly, his inability to communicate effectively and make clear what he is trying to say is alarming and potentially dangerous.

Naughty Nigel
22nd February 2017, 11:17 PM

Or the media, or the Clintons for that matter.

Naughty Nigel
22nd February 2017, 11:20 PM
Part of the problem is that Trump doesn't always say what he means and sometimes fails to express himself clearly. There was a good example several days ago when he made a speech at a rally, in which he appeared to be saying that a terrorist attack had happened the previous night in Sweden, when nothing of the sort had occurred. It turned out that he was referring to a report about alleged increases in violence and rape since Sweden began to welcome large numbers of refugees, which was aired the previous evening on Fox News.

There are two worrying things about this. Firstly, it appears that the President seems to get his "facts" from dubious sources such as Fox News, rather than from the official briefings that surely must be available to him. Secondly, his inability to communicate effectively and make clear what he is trying to say is alarming and potentially dangerous.

Which begs the question; does he seek counsel from anyone before opening his big gob?

It might be a refreshing change for a politician to speak his mind openly if only he was more intelligent.

But we must remember he is an American. :rolleyes:

George Dorn
23rd February 2017, 12:06 AM
There is just a bigger sample in America from which to pick out the idiots.

What does ring alarm bells in the back of my mind is the scenario in which, after the trumpeteers have zealously disassembled the established checks and protocols, Trump is briefed on a false nuclear attack threat (like the one that Carter didn't get presented with in the early hours of one night in November 79) and warned that he has three to seven minutes in which to make his mind up...

Harold Gough
23rd February 2017, 07:18 AM
There is just a bigger sample in America from which to pick out the idiots.

What does ring alarm bells in the back of my mind is the scenario in which, after the trumpeteers have zealously disassembled the established checks and protocols, Trump is briefed on a false nuclear attack threat (like the one that Carter didn't get presented with in the early hours of one night in November 79) and warned that he has three to seven minutes in which to make his mind up...

He would call a press conference and tell "the people" that he was never going to let them down.

Harold

Naughty Nigel
23rd February 2017, 12:03 PM
He would call a press conference and tell "the people" that he was never going to let them down.

Harold

….. And he will repeat himself so many times, yes he will, that there will be plenty of time to change the nuclear launch code from "0000" to something so complicated that no American would ever work it out, like 1234. :)

Harold Gough
23rd February 2017, 12:25 PM
I can foresee a Buddy, Buddy weekend at Camp David (or some other camp venue) between Putin and Trump. The conversation turns to false news and hoaxes (such as global warming). Trump grabs the case containing the nuclear button. He explains that the button is just another hoax and demonstrates it...:eek:

Harold

Wally
23rd February 2017, 01:11 PM
Ö.. And he will repeat himself so many times, yes he will, that there will be plenty of time to change the nuclear launch code from "0000" to something so complicated that no American would ever work it out, like 1234. :)

:eek: Be careful, the CIA will be giving you a free flight to 'the Bay' so they can grill you as to how you cracked the secret code. *yes

Naughty Nigel
23rd February 2017, 04:15 PM
:eek: Be careful, the CIA will be giving you a free flight to 'the Bay' so they can grill you as to how you cracked the secret code. *yes

Ahh yes; the CIA. Isn't that the "American Intelligence" Agency?

Somebody should tell them about using oxymorons. :rolleyes:

Harold Gough
23rd February 2017, 06:21 PM
Ahh yes; the CIA. Isn't that the "American Intelligence" Agency?

Somebody should tell them about using oxymorons. :rolleyes:

Or employing morons.

Harold

Jim Ford
24th February 2017, 01:12 PM
Trump's grasp of science is reassuring isn't it:

"You know what uranium is, right? Itís this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things."

(Incidentally, I saw someone online say that they had to stop for a while, in order to "Take a Trump" !)

Jim

Naughty Nigel
24th February 2017, 02:05 PM

"You know what uranium is, right? Itís this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things."

(Incidentally, I saw someone online say that they had to stop for a while, in order to "Take a Trump" !)

Jim

Probably about as good as his grasp of geography.

Indeed geography seems to be a subject that many Americans are challenged by.

I remember my father telling me that (when he was in the Army) they worried more about the Americans than the Germans, because "at least you knew what the Germans were aiming at." :rolleyes:

Harold Gough
24th February 2017, 04:27 PM

Jim

Trump's administration: nocluer power.

Harold

Zuiko
24th February 2017, 07:27 PM
Trump's administration: nocluer power.

Harold

*laugh Nice one, Harold!

Zuiko
24th February 2017, 07:41 PM

Jim

That is so bad you'd cringe even if it was said by a nine year old. America's self-styled "smartest" president clearly isn't. It's quite worrying, because his election exposes a deep flaw in the concept of democracy, which is fundamental to politics and government both here and in the US.

At least he virtually guarantees some humorous entertainment this evening on Channel 4, The Last Leg. :D

Harold Gough
25th February 2017, 06:42 AM
The name is Donald J Trump. Any suggestions for what then "J" stands for?

Harold

Wally
25th February 2017, 12:01 PM
As DT believes he can walk on water, he woud like to think others would reach the same conclusion. However, given his / administration English spelling issues, the J probably relates to a certain Dr. Zherkoff in the racy version of Flash Gordon. *yes

Naughty Nigel
25th February 2017, 12:24 PM
The name is Donald J Trump. Any suggestions for what then "J" stands for?

Harold

Hmmm. Let me think.

The Americans are very frond of the term 'Jerk' for anyone who is less than competent, and/or has an overinflated ego - although that could apply to many Americans.

But if the cap fits..... :D

Harold Gough
25th February 2017, 12:26 PM
As DT believes he can walk on water,

Could it be that his misguided parents blessed him with "Jesus" as his middle name? That might explain his approach to sermons, I mean speeches.

Harold