PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft to **** with Windows again!

Jim Ford
14th February 2017, 12:02 PM
"Just when you’ve got used to Windows 10, Microsoft has confirmed it is going to mess it all up again."

Here:

http://newsthump.com/2017/02/13/

(Check the link at the bottom - it won't work if I try to paste it here!)

Jim

Beagletorque
14th February 2017, 01:04 PM
More fake news...

Wally
14th February 2017, 01:08 PM
More fake news...

I sure hope so... as it stands, I can't believe it could get any worse???

Jim Ford
14th February 2017, 03:34 PM
More fake news...

Never!

(I don't think you got it!)

Jim

Otto
14th February 2017, 06:51 PM
Actually, they are planning a revamp and that article, though a spoof, ain't too far away from the truth!

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/microsoft-windows-10-new-design-lose-classic-features-minimise-borders-image-look-a7572996.html

And the best thing about it? You can't turn off automatic updates so you'll get it whether you like it or not!

(Maybe the link doesn't work because of the expletive therein?)

Wreckdiver
15th February 2017, 08:38 AM
Would you really take any notice from a website like that? Utter rubbish!

Steve

Jim Ford
15th February 2017, 09:38 AM
Would you really take any notice from a website like that? Utter rubbish!

S.a.t.i.r.e - Steve!

;^)

Jim

Petrochemist
15th February 2017, 10:15 AM
And the best thing about it? You can't turn off automatic updates so you'll get it whether you like it or not!

(Maybe the link doesn't work because of the expletive therein?)

I could & I did! I also reversed some of the earlier updates to remove the windows 10 nag messages. My PCs run quite happily on older versions of windows.

Microsoft messing with windows is hardly news, they are doing it constantly, and would have a much smaller turnover if they didn't continue to revise it.
Many users only upgrade from their existing version of windows after MS stop messing with it - when it goes out of support. With machines not on the internet I don't see the need to rush upgrades that much :D
I think we now have 11 PCs in my lab which never link to the outside world. Though the Windows 95 system will probably be dumped soon, it looks as if the instrument it runs has developed a terminal fault.

Otto
15th February 2017, 04:46 PM
Yes, I have always changed (I hesitate to say "upgraded") well after the introduction of a new version so that the worst bugs are fixed. Windows 10 is now running quite smoothly for me on three machines, though this one also has an XP partition for some old software. I just hope with this planned upgrade they offer the option to keep the "classic" Windows view. Overlapping borderless windows sound like a nightmare!

Wreckdiver
17th February 2017, 08:27 PM
Having recently upgraded on of my PCs to Windows 10 I must admit to really liking it. For some reason it upgraded at no charge even though the free period has expired. Maybe it detected a valid Windows 7 and allowed a free upgrade, I don't know.

Steve