PDA

View Full Version : Opportunity for Cold-blooded and Spineless Officer

Naughty Nigel
10th February 2017, 08:29 PM
I thought this job opportunity might be of interest to other forum members.

This is our local County Council. :(

Durham County Council - Opportunity for Cold-Blooded and Spineless Officer (https://www.northeastjobs.org.uk/job/Cold_blooded_and_Spineless_Officer/159704)

wornish
10th February 2017, 09:07 PM
With all respect to the locals.

Really hope my council tax is not used for this !
Think priorities need to be recalibrated.

pdk42
10th February 2017, 09:35 PM
That's very funny ;)

Naughty Nigel
10th February 2017, 09:50 PM
Even the job description, which is available for download, has the same job title! :D

peak4
10th February 2017, 10:03 PM
I was shown this by a local ecologist friend yesterday.
At first I thought it was a job vacancy for either a bailiff or a private Parking Company warden. :rolleyes:

Naughty Nigel
10th February 2017, 10:06 PM
I was shown this by a local ecologist friend yesterday.
At first I thought it was a job vacancy for either a bailiff or a private Parking Company warden. :rolleyes:

..... or Council Tax Collections Officer.

timboo
10th February 2017, 10:49 PM
ive had some beers and this feels kind of sureal

Magus
10th February 2017, 11:00 PM

It says in the job spec. "funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund",

Magus
10th February 2017, 11:02 PM

It says in the job spec. "funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund" so you can relax unless you waste your money on that.

Zuiko
11th February 2017, 07:56 AM
Nigel, based upon the job title alone I thought this sounded an ideal position for a certain ex prime minister from your area.......;)

Phill D
11th February 2017, 09:22 AM
I wonder what the interview tests are like? or the medical for that matter :eek:
I think a lot of our local Council leaders must have past the same criteria though :rolleyes:

Wally
11th February 2017, 11:52 AM
Nigel, based upon the job title alone I thought this sounded an ideal position for a certain ex prime minister from your area.......;)

Fortunately, I don't think he has a degree qualification that would stand up to scrutiny... much like another of his certificates that, purportedly, got thrown out with the bath water.

OM USer
11th February 2017, 12:38 PM
I'm looking for a job; should I apply?

Naughty Nigel
11th February 2017, 08:07 PM

I think the job would suit Tony down to the ground, but there is nothing in the job description about being slippery, or walking on water! ;)

Naughty Nigel
11th February 2017, 08:20 PM
..... or Council Tax Collections Officer.

To explain why I added this, a couple of years ago I made a mistake when setting up the standing order for our council tax.

I didn't notice that the first payment was for a whole three pence more than the remaining nine payments. So when the final payment had been made in January I received a threatening letter from Durham County Council warning that if the outstanding amount wasn't paid within fourteen days they would take legal action to recover the outstanding amount, and that I would not longer be eligible to pay by monthly instalments. :eek:

The problem then was how to pay 3 pence! They no longer accept cash payments, I couldn't pay by bank transfer as the minimum is 1, so I had to send them a cheque for 3 pence, which they didn't present at the bank until the end of March. :rolleyes:

Just as well it didn't bounce. :D