PDA

View Full Version : I didn't manage to hold out for long.

Greytop
9th February 2017, 12:44 AM
Mine arrives with a spare battery tomorrow :)

pdk42
9th February 2017, 07:34 AM

You're weak Huw!

Ross the fiddler
9th February 2017, 07:35 AM

Spare a thought for those that are now suffering from GAS now with that news. ;) :D

Wee man
9th February 2017, 08:07 AM
Shame on you, hope you enjoy it. I am slowly giving in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Greytop
9th February 2017, 09:02 AM
You're weak Huw!

Yes embarrassingly so, I traded in my SD Quattro, decided it was too big and bulky in the end. Output great (actually fantastic) but on balance I still reached for my Oly bag(s) on more occasions.

Spare a thought for those that are now suffering from GAS now with that news. ;) :D

Sorry Ross no harm intended :)

Shame on you, hope you enjoy it. I am slowly giving in.

I feel the shame Ed I really do. I'll try to enjoy it :D

wornish
9th February 2017, 09:04 AM
I gave in, sold my em5mk2 and and got the em1mk2 last week.

Greytop
9th February 2017, 09:13 AM
I gave in, sold my em5mk2 and and got the em1mk2 last week.

I've still got my E-M5 MkII and original E-M1, I've now got a tough decision on which to let go :confused:

benvendetta
9th February 2017, 09:21 AM
My new Pen F is giving me many of the nice new features of the Mk2........at half the price. And it is better looking!

Greytop
9th February 2017, 09:24 AM
My new Pen F is giving me many of the nice new features of the Mk2........at half the price. And it is better looking!

The Pen-F is lovely but that wouldn't sit comfortably with my zooms, however it is a consideration for my prime selection *yes
Oh dear, another temptation...

benvendetta
9th February 2017, 09:49 AM
The Pen-F is lovely but that wouldn't be sit comfortably with my zooms, however it is a consideration for my prime selection *yes
Oh dear, another temptation...

My Mk1 is for my zooms, in particular the 40-150 Pro.
It is great with primes (I have three m43rds and two OMs).

wornish
9th February 2017, 10:08 AM
I've still got my E-M5 MkII and original E-M1, I've now got a tough decision on which to let go :confused:

Tough call to make.

Greytop
9th February 2017, 11:04 PM
The E-M1 MkII arrived and it's everything I imagined (so far), although I've not tried any C-AF yet.
Very snappy in operation, very clean files at iso64.
Very (yes another very) pleased with it :)

mack100
10th February 2017, 06:06 PM
You'll love it :)

I part exchanged my E-m5 Mkii for a Sigma 150-600 with Wex. They actually offered me 20 more than they quoted when they examined the camera. I decided in the end that my E-m1 Mki was a better back up.

skids
10th February 2017, 06:45 PM
Please stop this people as I can't afford one at the moment........

Beagletorque
11th February 2017, 08:39 AM
Mine's rubbish, I prefer the mk 1. ;)

DerekW
11th February 2017, 08:46 AM
different battery, different cable, different card and makes lots of exposures

what is to like

stick with the Box Brownie

Ross the fiddler
11th February 2017, 09:42 AM
Mine's rubbish, I prefer the mk 1. ;)

Pull the other one. It plays Jingle bells! :p

pdk42
11th February 2017, 10:54 AM
How - since you do a fair amount of landscapes, I'd really appreciate your thoughts compared to the E-M1 once you've got a few images under your belt.

Greytop
11th February 2017, 11:32 AM
How - since you do a fair amount of landscapes, I'd really appreciate your thoughts compared to the E-M1 once you've got a few images under your belt.

Will do Paul, it's been exclusively test shots so far but today we're planning a little expedition (it's sleeting around this away) so I should begin to get an impression :)

One key feature I will say is simply amazing, it's the image stabilisation, I can see it being really useful for modulation of ISO in low light landscapes (hand held).

Beagletorque
11th February 2017, 11:50 AM
Has anyone noticed a difference in the focus accuracy between manual, single and CAF?

Cygnusx_1
14th February 2017, 06:25 PM
I received my EM1 mk ii today. A special mention for Wex photographic for paying for delivery as there was no way of informing them of business hours where I work to which delivery was scheduled.

Looking forward to see what the Bigma can do during airshow season.