PDA

View Full Version : Camera Store TV Review of the E-M1 II

Olybirder
23rd January 2017, 07:16 PM
Camera Store TV Review have just uploaded a video review of the E-M1 II. It is a lengthy, hands-on review and seems quite fair to me but I have never even seen the camera let alone used it. What do you think?

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Hands-On Field Test - YouTube

Ron

Barr1e
23rd January 2017, 10:25 PM
Thanks Ron for posting this.

Regards. Barr1e

Olybirder
23rd January 2017, 10:29 PM
It would have been better if I had posted it in the correct section (Mk II rather than Mk I). If any passing mods could move it for me that would be most welcome. :)

Ron

Ian
23rd January 2017, 10:34 PM
Now moved :)

Ian

Bassman51
23rd January 2017, 10:41 PM
It all rings true to me. The E-M1 has been my primary camera since it was released, and the Mark ii is just better in every way. C-AF+TR didn't work for me, as they say. But the other focusing is really good.

Overall, I found the camera very, very fast in every way, and very easy to use. The battery life is exceptional for a mirrorless camera. There have been a number of posts demonstrating that battery life actually depends on "power on" time rather than the number of shots. I used it over two days, shooting an extended birthday party for my granddaughter at a water park, and didn't use up the first of my two batteries for over 400 shots, with lots of chimping, video and menu diving right after I got the camera.

blu-by-u
24th January 2017, 06:39 AM
Except that the ProCap don't work with lenses that are not mZD.