PDA

View Full Version : I went to B&H yesterday and...

pdk42
18th January 2017, 07:18 PM
I didn't buy anything! Something of a rarity for me. However, I did have a play with the E-M1ii and was slightly tempted. $1999 - back before Brexit that would have been about 1400. Sigh...

They had a Panasonic G85 there too - it's quite an impressive camera. The EVF is fantastic - bigger/better than the E-M1/E-M5/E-M1ii. Given that it's half the price of the E-M1ii, it's a compelling camera that will likely be more than enough for most people.

I had a play with the Canon M5 - it's better than I was expecting it to be but it's still a long way behind Olympus. No IBIS (well, a sort of half-arsed attempt at video IS which works by cropping the image and then moving the active area around in response to movement - it's purely software and does not involve sensor movement) and some serious usability limitations including no way to set back-button focus. Odd.

I played with the Sony RX1R as well. It's really nice - but a rich taste at $3,800! That's a lot of money for a fixed-lens f2 camera - even if it does have the same sensor as the A7Rii. I suspect the Leica Q is the better camera and it doesn't cost much more.

Wee man
18th January 2017, 11:40 PM
Shame on you no purchase did you do my no wallet with me impression?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

pdk42
19th January 2017, 02:30 AM
Shame on you no purchase did you do my no wallet with me impression?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ha - I remember the "no wallet" episode! Thankfully I didn't need that excuse.