Hello all, glad to be here at last. :D:D

Ian
14th November 2007, 04:05 PM
Hello all, glad to be here at last. :D:D

What was the problem? :rolleyes:

Ian

angelpaaul
14th November 2007, 04:53 PM
Hello Ian. Quite simply I couldn't get my activation E-mail. Every time I tried to log on to activate it told me it had sent me a new password etc but no E-mail appeared. Never mind, I'm here now and glad I am to be here. :) While I'm here, have you managed to smuggle any new E-3's into the country? Spare one going cheap maybe? I've got one on order and I'm bursting at the seams to get it. I don't care what the mags say, I reckon it'll be a little (?) cracker! what to you say:)

Ian
14th November 2007, 05:02 PM
Hello Ian. Quite simply I couldn't get my activation E-mail. Every time I tried to log on to activate it told me it had sent me a new password etc but no E-mail appeared. Never mind, I'm here now and glad I am to be here. :) While I'm here, have you managed to smuggle any new E-3's into the country? Spare one going cheap maybe? I've got one on order and I'm bursting at the seams to get it. I don't care what the mags say, I reckon it'll be a little (?) cracker! what to you say:)

You can't have mine :D:rolleyes:

So are you going to apply to be at the VIP events and for a free BLM-1?

Ian

angelpaaul
14th November 2007, 05:31 PM
VIP event, hmm, never thought about that. What and where are they? (I live in the Cheshire area) As for the battery, I own an E-500 and I've already got a few spares. Having said that, I may get a power grip and an extra battery may come in handy.

Ian
14th November 2007, 05:47 PM
VIP event, hmm, never thought about that. What and where are they? (I live in the Cheshire area) As for the battery, I own an E-500 and I've already got a few spares. Having said that, I may get a power grip and an extra battery may come in handy.

Here's the news release:

The new Olympus UK E-System User Group community site which has just launched is giving away 69 BLM-1 batteries compatible with most E-System DSLRs and is offering exclusive tickets to two VIP events coming up soon in London.

The first event is next Monday and is the official UK presentation of the E-3 to the UK press. Use the latest kit in two demo studios and take your shots home with you. Ten User Group members can go to the event - details here (David Bailey will be there too) - it's only a few days away, so be quick:

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41

For up to 50 lucky User Group members! The second event is on Monday 26th November - a VIP party to celebrate the E-3 launch held at the fantastic venue of the V&A Museum in London. Olympus, which is sponsoring an exhibition of Lee Miller photography there, has the run of the museum that evening. Once again, David Bailey will be there, the new wireless flash system will be up and running to try, along with all the latest E-System kit. These are places not to miss! Details here:

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42

Those free batteries - have a chance to claim yours by starting a photo gallery on the new site, details here:

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showpost.php?p=200&postcount=2

Ian

angelpaaul
14th November 2007, 06:13 PM
Oh man, I'm in hospital tomorrow and I'm gonna be out of it for a week or two, so I'll miss BOTH events!!! GGGRRRRRR!!!! :mad: Oh well, looks like the battery then.

Ian
14th November 2007, 07:53 PM
Oh man, I'm in hospital tomorrow and I'm gonna be out of it for a week or two, so I'll miss BOTH events!!! GGGRRRRRR!!!! :mad: Oh well, looks like the battery then.

Bad luck - I hope your confinement isn't too uncomfortable... !

Ian

angelpaaul
14th November 2007, 08:10 PM
Thanks, I'll just lie in bed and dream of my nice new shiny E-3.:rolleyes: