PDA

View Full Version : Hello from South Lincs.

Jonesgj
24th January 2009, 12:57 PM
Hello Forum,

I joined a little over a week ago and have found this site friendly and informative; especially because we share the same hardware.

Me:

I'm an IT consultant with a background in programming and databases.

Been snapping for many years (three children!) manily using an OM10, but in January 2008 took the plunge and bought an Olympus E500, and Elements 6.

I attended 'How to get the Best from your DSLR' and 'Composition' courses run by going digital and have enjoyed the new hobby thoroughly throughout the year.

I bought an E300 and E420 for my children, who also enjoy taking a good picture, and have upgraded my equipment and software through the year: I now have very few pennys left and the dream of owning an E30 has evapourated for now *cry

Got a shock when I realised we had taken nearly 10000 photos between us but now understand what a photographer does in the winter months: good old photoshop.

Looking forward to 2009 - lots of events in the calendar already, sorting out my workflow and personal website......And to contributing where and when I can on here.

Kind regards

Graydon

snaarman
24th January 2009, 01:52 PM
Hi there and welcome to our corner of the web :-)

Do take advantage of the free gallery space here to upload your images.. (If you have a gallery of your own it makes placing images in your forum posts easier...

Best regards

Pete

mike_j
24th January 2009, 02:04 PM
Welcome to the forum.

where in S Lincs? - I'm near Stamford.

Jonesgj
24th January 2009, 02:07 PM
Hi there and welcome to our corner of the web :-)

Do take advantage of the free gallery space here to upload your images.. (If you have a gallery of your own it makes placing images in your forum posts easier...

Best regards

Pete

Hi Pete, and thank you,

Uploaded my first image today, and I think I have managed to load it onto Photo Fair too.

Regards

Graydon

Jonesgj
24th January 2009, 02:10 PM
Hi Mike_j,

Lived 42 years in Stamford, now in Bourne.

Regards

Graydon

skyman1
24th January 2009, 04:02 PM
Hi and welcome to a friendly forum :)

Barr1e
24th January 2009, 09:25 PM
jonesgj -

Hi and welcome.

Regards. Barr1e

Ellie
26th January 2009, 12:27 AM