PDA

View Full Version : Olympus FL-300R with EM1 Mk II

Eclairewilliams
26th December 2016, 10:43 PM
I'm struggling to get my little FL-300R to work with the Mk II. It seems not to be recognised. No problem using the little one which comes with the camera. Is there something I need to do differently? I really like the FL-300R as it's so compact. Any ideas gratefully received.

Beagletorque
27th December 2016, 07:36 AM
Make sure it is fully seated in the hot shoe, the mk2 seems quite tight. Oly say it is compatible.

ayewing
27th December 2016, 12:15 PM
I'm struggling to get my little FL-300R to work with the Mk II. It seems not to be recognised. No problem using the little one which comes with the camera. Is there something I need to do differently? I really like the FL-300R as it's so compact. Any ideas gratefully received.

Having seen your post I tried my FL-300R with my new E-M1 mkII and it works normally without any special settings. Have you tried it on a different camera?

I did have some difficulty getting my Nissin i40 to work with the E-M1 mkII but this proved to be due to the tight fiiting in the hotshoe and once pushed properly home it worked as expected

Graham_of_Rainham
28th December 2016, 08:31 AM
Try turning off silent shutter.

Mdb2
28th December 2016, 08:56 AM
Try turning off silent shutter.

Hallaulla to that.
I spent a while last autumn trying to work out the same conundrum in the woods near me photographing fungi. Why with all the different facets of the cameras programme the camera cannot notify you when you try to use a flash when in electronic mode is a mystery to me.

In my case, It's almost as if the camera doesn't know it has a geriatric pensioner owner:D
Kind regards mike

Eclairewilliams
28th December 2016, 10:24 AM
Sorted now. It seems to be more sensitive to the condition of the batteries. It worked in my EM1 Mk I fine and not in the Mk II, now I've put in new batteries it works in both. Thanks to all for your suggestions. I'm relieved :-)

Beagletorque
30th December 2016, 05:50 PM
Hallaulla to that.
I spent a while last autumn trying to work out the same conundrum in the woods near me photographing fungi. Why with all the different facets of the cameras programme the camera cannot notify you when you try to use a flash when in electronic mode is a mystery to me.

In my case, It's almost as if the camera doesn't know it has a geriatric pensioner owner:D
Kind regards mike

You can use flash in silent mode on the MK2, just set it in the "shooting menu 2", "antishock/silent", "silent mode settings", "flash mode", "allow".

You can add sound(!) and the Illuminator too.