PDA

View Full Version : xDepthRaw Converter released and is a free download!

dennisg
23rd January 2009, 03:15 AM
To All,

As I have reported back in October, xDepth has just released its FREE RAW converter software and can be downloaded from its website indicated at the end of this posting. In addition, The converter compresses your files with LOSSLESS consequences to 25% of the orginal size. I will be downloading the software over the weekend to give it a try. Let me know what you think of its application!

Thanks

Dennis G*chr

Monday, 12th January, 2009 - Trellis Management Co. Ltd. announces the availability of XDepth Raw Converter for Windows, a raw photo development and image processing software with integrated XDepth Raw and XDepth 48 image compression technologies.

XDepth Raw Converter is capable of reading raw files from most DSLR cameras and allows conversion of raw data to its jpeg-compatible XDepth Raw file format, shrinking raw files down to one fourth the original size.
The XDepth Raw file format not only offers raw image compression but it also introduces copyright protection by securing author and copyright information within the file itself.
Security features of the XDepth Raw file format can also be enhanced to offer full DRM - Digital Rights Management, using certified digital signatures and time-stamps.

XDepth Raw Converter is a professional-grade raw development software featuring a fully High Dynamic Range 96bit/pixel floating point rendering engine.
With its integrated HDR Tone Mapping Operators, HDR Contrast adjustment and color-picking custom white balance selection, XDepth Raw Converter offers outstanding image processing functionalities.

Although specifically designed for raw development, XDepth Raw Converter also works with 48bit/pixel images by loading and saving Tiff, PNG and XDepth 48 file formats thus providing a complete solution for any high bit-depth image processing need.The integrated XDepth 48 image compression technology is able to save jpeg-compatible 48bit/pixel images featuring high compression and the exclusive XDepth reconstruction technology.

XDepth Raw Converter is available completely free of charge for both personal and professional use.

Learn more and download XDepth Raw Converter by visiting the dedicated website at: http://raw.xdepth.com .

peak4
23rd January 2009, 10:20 AM
Well spotted, I'll have a play myself.
Interesting line in the UELA though

"3.2 You may not make or distribute copies of the Software, or electronically transfer the Software from one computer to another or over a network, with the sole exception of the grant described in 2.3 here

Looks like backups are out then.

Henk
1st February 2009, 07:59 PM
I have tried it and already removed it from the HD. RawTherapee is much more advanced and free too. Did I say I was not impressed?

dennisg
3rd February 2009, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the review. Sometimes you cannot judge a book by its cover. What didn't work for you?

Dennis G:confused:

Henk
3rd February 2009, 04:22 PM
It looked like a copy of ACR which I also do not like. Are you involved with xDepthRaw? I see you posting all over the internet to promote the program?

dennisg
3rd February 2009, 04:51 PM
No I have no ties to xDepth. The acknowledgement of the produst is to give everyone and opportunity to kick the tires and to see if it is of value to the customer. The acceptance of products will be based on the acceptance and not the advertising of the product.

This should be looked at just like when I see several annoucements of Micro 4/3 cameras and rumors, release of Nikons, Canon, and other software suites. Basicly it is an awareness scenario and nothing else that is why we post here and at other forums.

So that is the long and short of it. Let me tell you if I were selling this I would not be pinching pennies to buy new equipment.

Thanks for your insight and questions.

Dennis G

Archphoto
3rd February 2009, 04:52 PM
Thanks Henk for the RawTerapee sugestion: looks impressive, will give it a try.

Peter