PDA

View Full Version : E-M1 mkII extended warranty

Gwyver
21st December 2016, 07:27 AM
When I registered my E-M1 mkII last week on the MyOlympus website I expected that the +6 months Extended Warranty would be applied automatically.
This did not happen - the only reference to an Extended Warranty (3 years) is requesting that I 'Activate' it by specifying a Voucher Code. This code is apparently obtained from a scratch card which wasn't supplied with the camera.

So, two questions:

Should I expect an automatic 6months warranty extension (as implied by 'My Premium Services' page on this site)?
How do I obtain the Voucher which provides the activation code for the 3 year warranty extension?

andym
21st December 2016, 08:44 AM
That website seems to do different things for different people, as well as being very slow.

I registered my camera last week and did get the 6 months extension, very strange.

I think the voucher code is something you can purchase from dealers, I got one for my mk1, ie http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/accessories/olympus-accessories/olympus-extra-3-years-extended-warranty-for-om-d-bodies.html

Grumpy Hec
21st December 2016, 09:03 AM
That website seems to do different things for different people, as well as being very slow.

I registered my camera last week and did get the 6 months extension, very strange.

I think the voucher code is something you can purchase from dealers, I got one for my mk1, ie http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/accessories/olympus-accessories/olympus-extra-3-years-extended-warranty-for-om-d-bodies.html

Ditto on the extended warranty for 6 months.

I got the card from LCE when I bought the camera and my understanding is that I can use that to get 10% of the Pro Service deal if I choose to.

There does seem to be a surprising level of variation creeping in here.

Hec

Hec

Gwyver
23rd December 2016, 03:03 PM
An update for anyone else experiencing this issue.

I emailled customer support at Olympus regarding the +6 months extension not being shown in the product registration and here is the relevant part of their reply;_

"May I please advise that the MyOlympus team are aware of the glitch in the system and are currently working on a solution so that your account will show the correct length of your warranty. Needless to say, as long as you are subscribed to the newsletter we would apply the extension for your new camera come what may, even though at this time the records available to you are yet to reflect the true nature of your warranty. Please allow us a short time to make the changes to our systems, I am assured that everything will be as it should very soon. "

Hope this helps.

Maria
16th January 2017, 12:26 PM
Glad I'm not the only one. I have subscribed to the newsletter (tried it several times) but the extra 6 months hasn't been added and under "my premium services" shows as "not activated". I was told by support that it would be honoured but not that there was an issue with the site. Hopefully it will get resolved soon.

Mrs T
20th January 2017, 09:36 PM
An update for anyone else experiencing this issue.

I emailled customer support at Olympus regarding the +6 months extension not being shown in the product registration and here is the relevant part of their reply;_

"May I please advise that the MyOlympus team are aware of the glitch in the system and are currently working on a solution so that your account will show the correct length of your warranty. Needless to say, as long as you are subscribed to the newsletter we would apply the extension for your new camera come what may, even though at this time the records available to you are yet to reflect the true nature of your warranty. Please allow us a short time to make the changes to our systems, I am assured that everything will be as it should very soon. "

Hope this helps.

I just tried an unsubscribe/resubscribe which worked.

Maria
21st January 2017, 12:30 PM
I just tried an unsubscribe/resubscribe which worked.
Thanks - just tried that and it worked for me too!

Gwyver
27th January 2017, 04:21 PM
Thanks - just tried that and it worked for me too!

Ditto.
Thanks.