PDA

View Full Version : Dual card slots

shirley
17th December 2016, 06:49 AM
Hello everybody,
I have just acquired this lovely camera. Is it possible to allocate raw files to be recorded slot 1 and jpeg to slot 2. When I try this from the master page it changes both at the same time so I am recording the same on both cards, is this correct?
Many thanks
Shirley

shirley
17th December 2016, 07:28 AM
All sorted now. I finally found the setting deep in the menu.

Goon525
17th December 2016, 07:29 AM
You just beat me to it. That's exactly how I've set mine up.

Gwyver
17th December 2016, 07:41 AM
Shirley,
You need to have the camera menu Cog H1 "Save Settings" set to dual independent. (see manual pages 54 & 132).

Then, if you have a card in each slot you can use the SCP to set the recording mode for each card.

When using 2 cards you also should set Cog H1 "Playback Slot" to specify which card provides the image for display when review pictures on the LCD.

shirley
17th December 2016, 07:45 AM
Thanks Chris.

Zuiko
17th December 2016, 10:08 AM
Hi Shirley,

Nice to hear from you - Happy Christmas! (sounds like you have an early present)

shirley
17th December 2016, 10:21 AM
Hi John,
Yes I am very lucky. I have semi retired so more time for photography. I intend to be much more active online, so expect to see more of me!!? How are you?
Shirlwy

Zuiko
17th December 2016, 10:32 AM
Hi John,
Yes I am very lucky. I have semi retired so more time for photography. I intend to be much more active online, so expect to see more of me!!? How are you?
Shirlwy

I'm fine, Shirley, just recovering from a hip replacement. It's brilliant news that you are semi retired, I know the pressures of your job often restricted your photography. Nevertheless, you have produced some stunning pictures over the years and I look forward to seeing what you can do now you have more time. *chr