PDA

View Full Version : Scp

andym
15th December 2016, 07:30 PM
I think this has come up before when the E-M5mk2 came out, just wondered if anyone had found a solution.
With the camera set to EVF Auto Switch the info panel shows all the time on the rear screen and with a push of the OK key this becomes the SCP , on the MK1 you could get rid of this with the info button and the screen would show nothing until the OK button is push and then it's the SCP. This does not happen on the mk2.
With EVF set to off the rear screen is off all the time and you came only get the SCP in the viewfinder.

Might be me doing something silly but has anyone found a way around it. If not I'll use the new camera with the screen reversed but I do like the SCP on the rear screen but not the info panel all the time.
I'm assuming it been done like this to mimic a top panel LCD like on an DSLR.

Hope this makes sense.

DavyG
15th December 2016, 07:52 PM
Perfectly clear Andy.

It's one of the differences I'm trying to work out also, I can't see why they wouldn't give us the option to switch off the SCP in the way you can on the E-M1.

Dave

pault
15th December 2016, 10:37 PM
Hi
Not looked into this myself. But from memory, was the answer, to turn the screen inwards to the camera thus powering the screen off?

DavyG
15th December 2016, 11:09 PM
Hi
Not looked into this myself. But from memory, was the answer, to turn the screen inwards to the camera thus powering the screen off?

This does seem to be the solution.

A little different to the E-M1, probably because this doesn't have a rotating screen. :D:

Dave

Barr1e
16th December 2016, 03:44 PM
Hi

The above works on ours.

------------------
Also found some items on a previous Robin Wong item helpful.
https://robinwong.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/the-robin-wongs-om-d-camera-cheat-sheet.html

Regards. Barr1e