PDA

View Full Version : Oly Pro Service

Goon525
15th December 2016, 06:28 PM
Does anyone know the costs of the upper tiers of Pro Service?

David M
15th December 2016, 06:50 PM
It was free once you completed and submitted all the paperwork or is this something different?

Goon525
15th December 2016, 07:40 PM
No, there are three tiers. Only Basic Plus is free.

Bengeo
15th December 2016, 07:47 PM
See https://www.olympus.co.uk/site/en/c/cameras_support/premium_services/pro_service/index.html

It's cheaper per annum if you buy 2 or 3 years. You should also have a 10% off voucher with the camera.

Goon525
15th December 2016, 08:09 PM
Thanks, Andy. Just what I needed.

DavyG
15th December 2016, 08:19 PM
See https://www.olympus.co.uk/site/en/c/cameras_support/premium_services/pro_service/index.html

It's cheaper per annum if you buy 2 or 3 years. You should also have a 10% off voucher with the camera.

I didn't receive such a voucher with my E-M1 II.

Dave

Goon525
15th December 2016, 08:56 PM
Nor me.
Paul

David M
15th December 2016, 09:00 PM
Must be something different, or maybe they've dropped the pro service I remember. You could get loaner equipment and fast turnaround on repairs worldwide.

Bengeo
15th December 2016, 09:45 PM
SRS were giving the vouchers with the cameras - you could ask your dealer.

It's worth reading the FAQs on that page including this one:

How many of my OLYMPUS products in total are covered within one OLYMPUS PRO Service package?

OLYMPUS PRO Service aims to create a partnership with photographers. Therefore, the service programme is not linked to specific product serial numbers. 
At the same time, we aim to deliver the premium service quality and relevant priority service you expect. Therefore, there are some specific single services for which we limit the maximum number of products covered within one request as follows: Standard Plus – up to 1 camera body and 1 lens per single service request. 
Advanced – up to 1 camera body and 3 lenses per single service request. 
 Elite – up to 2 camera bodies and 6 lenses per single service request This means that, in many cases, you do not need to purchase more than one OLYMPUS PRO Service package even if you own more than the maximum number of products covered within one single service request.

It would be interesting to see what people choose and why.

pault
15th December 2016, 10:46 PM
Hi
I chose the middle one, with 10% discount was 188.xx, and covers the new EM-1 ii and apparently all my lenses.
Hope this helps

Goon525
19th December 2016, 11:03 AM
Hi
I chose the middle one, with 10% discount was 188.xx, and covers the new EM-1 ii and apparently all my lenses.
Hope this helps

I've just decided to do the same. I would have gone for the Elite option for an extra seventy quid, but both bodies have to be EM1 iis. I have an EM5 ii and would have hoped that could be included - apparently not, not even an EM 1 i can be used as second body. Odd, since any old Oly lens can be included. There weren't enough other advantages to justify the extra cost of Elite, so Advanced will do me.

For those dithering, this is about 3% pa of the cost of the camera - and in my case will also cover my new 12-100. I think that's worthwhile for an annual service that should bring it back to 'as new'.

Harbrimar
19th December 2016, 11:54 AM
Hi Goon
I spoke with LCE Guildford this morning and they had no information about the 10% off voucher for the Oly Service program. Do you know who you spoke to about it?

Goon525
19th December 2016, 12:12 PM
I should ring and ask for Martin, the manager. They definitely had them yesterday.

Harbrimar
19th December 2016, 12:46 PM
Many thanks, the voucher is on its way to me. Apparently they came in after I bought the camera.