PDA

View Full Version : EM-1 mark 2 Gotcha's

pault
15th December 2016, 01:09 PM
Hi
You might be wondering how to get the 'Cluster Target Display'. The instruction book does'nt seem to show it.
Cluster target display can be enabled to allow continuous tracking of subject movement anywhere across the screen, which can be useful when shooting difficult to predict moving subject. This can be enabled by choosing C-AF, AF Area Pointer set to ON2, and activate ALL focusing points.
Just thought this might help

Gwyver
15th December 2016, 05:54 PM
Paul,
I see you've been following Robin Wong.

However, what he failed to go on and explain was how, when All AF points are active, you can ensure that the initial AF Cluster acquisition matches your intended subject - particularly in circumstances where the scene includes some high-contrast area on the ground in front of your target.

It is also unclear whether this operation requires merely C-AF or else C-AF+Tr.

Hopefully some of the early adopters on this forum will provide further enlightenment.

DavyG
15th December 2016, 08:37 PM
Paul,
I see you've been following Robin Wong.

However, what he failed to go on and explain was how, when All AF points are active, you can ensure that the initial AF Cluster acquisition matches your intended subject - particularly in circumstances where the scene includes some high-contrast area on the ground in front of your target.

It is also unclear whether this operation requires merely C-AF or else C-AF+Tr.

Hopefully some of the early adopters on this forum will provide further enlightenment.

A quick bit of testing indicates that this works with C-AF only.

Dave

Gwyver
22nd December 2016, 06:22 PM
Here is another gotcha..
As delivered, when you select modes C1, C2, or C3 the Shooting mode changes to 'Program'.

This seems rather odd given that the other default values assigned to the Custom Modes all appear to be designed to enable [show-off] the "Wow" features of the camera e.g. Pro-Capture, C-AF, Sequential High etc..

Hence if you want to have more control of the shutter & aperture (as I assume would be the case for action & wildlife photographers) you will need to start off in your preferred Shooting Mode (i.e. M, S, or A) and set or re-apply all your other desired menu settings for each of the C1, C2, C3 modes.