Beagletorque
8th December 2016, 09:06 AM
www.43rumors.com/official-e-m1ii-launch-start-tomorrow/

brian1208
8th December 2016, 11:16 AM
still nothing reported for the UK though :(

Beagletorque
8th December 2016, 05:39 PM
I think all UK stock lands in the port of Hamburg (Oyl EU HQ) before coming here...

Some places waiting for stock of the 12-100 are quoting 14th Dec so cameras may arrive then too?

brian1208
8th December 2016, 06:31 PM
thanks (I hope they don't hold it up there! ;) )

brian1208
8th December 2016, 07:46 PM
a couple of UK people have reported they have been notified theirs will be delivered on the 16th Dec (one is from Park Cameras)

Let's hope there are more than a handful in the first delivery :)

Bengeo
8th December 2016, 09:57 PM
Let's hope there are more than a handful in the first delivery :)

I was told that there were 600 for the UK in the first batch and about a month ago 450 had been pre-ordered.

brian1208
8th December 2016, 10:26 PM
that is a bit reassuring, I was in on the first day pre-ordering was possible, fingers crossed :)

Bengeo
8th December 2016, 11:13 PM
that is a bit reassuring, I was in on the first day pre-ordering was possible, fingers crossed :)

I think I just beat you :cool: ... SRS normally get a good allocation, so we should be OK.

brian1208
9th December 2016, 05:21 AM
Andy, now I shall blame you if I don't get mine! ;)

Barr1e
9th December 2016, 08:46 AM
This may be of use in choosing a card for the extra port.

https://havecamerawilltravel.com/photographer/fastest-sd-cards

Regards. Barr1e

Goon525
12th December 2016, 12:27 PM
There are now plenty around in the US, Far East and Oz, but I've yet to hear of one obtained via a retailer in Europe. Has anyone else?

brian1208
12th December 2016, 12:46 PM
I've seen a few reported as being picked up in Germany and Austria but its all quiet on the western front at the moment

steverh
12th December 2016, 02:13 PM
The Olympus Newsletter which arrived in my inbox 10 minutes ago is titled "The time has come: get your E-M1 Mark II today"

If you try and order one on the website it says "Arriving soon"!

:confused:

brian1208
12th December 2016, 02:25 PM
same for me, oh well, I suppose its a step nearer,

my order still shows a "Pending"

Miketoll
12th December 2016, 04:38 PM
I was told that there were 600 for the UK in the first batch and about a month ago 450 had been pre-ordered.

If that is the case I may well not be getting mine in the first batch :(
I ordered mine about two weeks ago.

Beagletorque
12th December 2016, 04:41 PM
I had the same....

The wait is now over, the rumors are now at an end – the E-M1 Mark II is ready for you! Experience for yourself what the reviews have been raving about all along.
In case you are still wondering whether to go for our flagship model now or not, we are highlighting, once again, its latest features, demonstrating technology in precision. We loaded up quite a few E-M1 Mark IIs along with a selection of lenses and invited guests from all over Europe to a remote area in Andalusia, Spain, to put the camera to the test. Check out their outstanding results, demonstrating moments of speed, mobility and high image quality in the wilderness – and then get your hands on your very own E-M1 Mark II today!

Best regards,
Your OLYMPUS Team

Grumpy Hec
12th December 2016, 06:18 PM
Mmmm - anybody else starting to get feelings of deja-vu :D

brian1208
12th December 2016, 06:32 PM
yep, Deja-Vu,

all over again! :D

(Although, to be fair, we've know all along that the first release was only going to be a small number, they told us that at the launch, something to do with earthquakes damaging sensor plants and causing shortages if my memory serves me right)

Beagletorque
12th December 2016, 07:23 PM
Mmmm - anybody else starting to get feelings of deja-vu :D

Yes, I remember you posting up the same thing when the Mark 1 came out!! :D

Beagletorque
12th December 2016, 07:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st_3d0QQOOA&feature=youtu.be

Grumpy Hec
12th December 2016, 08:08 PM
Yes, I remember you posting up the same thing when the Mark 1 came out!! :D

Curse that lack of originality *shrug

ashtonsd
13th December 2016, 10:49 AM
Had an email through from WEX this morning to say the first batch of E-M1 Mark II bodies are due in Thursday/Friday this week.

Fingers crossed!

Grumpy Hec
13th December 2016, 11:50 AM
Had an email through from WEX this morning to say the first batch of E-M1 Mark II bodies are due in Thursday/Friday this week.

Fingers crossed!

I await the call from LCE Colchester.*yes

Miketoll
13th December 2016, 02:34 PM

Fingers crossed!
I too have pre-ordered from Wex but I have not had an email from them so it rather looks like I will not be getting one of the first batch. :(

Anybody know when the second batch will be coming?

Bengeo
13th December 2016, 03:18 PM
Anybody know when the second batch will be coming?

After the first batch? *devil

ashtonsd
13th December 2016, 03:53 PM
Annoyingly WEX did not know when they were getting any 12-100 PRO lenses in so my order may be delayed for the lack of the lens in stock :(

Hopefully they will dispatch the items separately..... (fingers still crossed)

ayewing
13th December 2016, 03:56 PM
I pre-ordered from Clifton Cameras both the camera and the 12-100 lens. I have already received the lens but I am of course still waiting for the camera.

birdboy
13th December 2016, 05:33 PM
Thanks to those excellent guys at Cameraworld Chelmsford I now have the MKII in my hands*chr Got great service tel phoned me at 16:00hrs helped me with parking and had picked the camera up by 16:45. So the EM1 MKII's are in the UK and well done Olympus for getting some out as promised Early December.

PhilDPerv
13th December 2016, 06:21 PM
Congrats , looks like you may be the first ! Did you order the body only ?

brian1208
13th December 2016, 07:04 PM
for anyone looking to buy the mk2 + 12-40 pro kit I just spotted that Jessops are showing it as available for home delivery (the bare body is of course still "pre-order pending" )

birdboy
13th December 2016, 07:42 PM
Congrats , looks like you may be the first ! Did you order the body only ?

I ordered the body only.

PhilDPerv
13th December 2016, 07:47 PM
Cheers mate , just trying to confirm that body only was also available in the country , enjoy the new toy , hopefully I'll get the email/call tomorrow !

brian1208
14th December 2016, 09:02 AM
Did anyone pre-order via SRS and if so, have you heard anything about delivery dates? (they seem to be keeping very quiet at the moment)

Grumpy Hec
14th December 2016, 09:20 AM
Did anyone pre-order via SRS and if so, have you heard anything about delivery dates? (they seem to be keeping very quiet at the moment)
Ditto on LCE. I am making a rare visit into Colchester today so I'll do a chasing raid on Dave and the team.;)

In the interests of fairness no actual date was ever given so no real cause to complain. Unless of course every where else is fulfilling orders and I'm still waiting in which case I may be forced to fully engage grumpy mode. *smash

Hec

Bengeo
14th December 2016, 09:55 AM

Just had the phone call - they have come in today and I'll be picking mine up soon. No extra batteries available with this delivery.

Beagletorque
14th December 2016, 11:03 AM
Just had the SRS call too.

Jim Ford
14th December 2016, 11:26 AM
SRS is a 10 min walk from me. I might pop in and ask if I can handle one, in which case I might get to play with your camera before you do!

;^)

Jim

brian1208
14th December 2016, 11:52 AM
Thanks all, mine is on the way I've just heard, interesting that there are no batteries as I've been charged for my spare ?

Oh well, I guess it will turn up at some point

Olybirder
14th December 2016, 11:55 AM
I seem to recall that it took some time for the spare batteries to arrive when the Mark I version was released.

Who's going to be the first to post some shots here taken with the Mark II?

Ron

Miketoll
14th December 2016, 12:31 PM
False alarm for me. Email from Wex confirming my order was in so rang them to confirm. Seems the camera and lens are not in but the spare battery is!
They expect camera deliveries tomorrow but cannot or will not confirm where I am on the list so will not say if I will be getting one from this batch. Hey ho, my wife tells me patience is a virtue!

ashtonsd
14th December 2016, 12:36 PM
My WEX order battery is also showing as in stock on my order now but not the Camera or Lens yet

brian1208
14th December 2016, 12:38 PM
I've just checked my shipping invoice and it shows the spare battery on the shipping list - oh well, all will become clear when it arrives :)

Just checked, my sales invoice where the spare battery is ticked off and the invoice is marked as "Order Complete", fingers crossed it means what it says

birdboy
14th December 2016, 12:46 PM
I must have hit gold with Cameraworld Chelmsford because I got a spare battery as well which comes in a nice plastic box:D. The charger however had me reaching for the manual because when I put it on charge the led was flashing orange which indicated a false charge on my EM1, turns out this is normal flashing quicker when it gets nearly charged.

Harbrimar
14th December 2016, 02:14 PM
Has anyone managed to obtain the camera body from LCE? I have had one on order for the last few weeks but nothing heard from them yet.

Grumpy Hec
14th December 2016, 02:34 PM
Just called in to LCE Colchester as I was in town. They say they usually get deliveries from head office on Friday. So they may be in then unless there is a special delivery which is unknown/unlikely.

So for me possibly Friday or early next week.

GAS is such a dreadful affliction isn't it:eek:

Hec

pault
14th December 2016, 02:47 PM
HI
had the call this morning from SRS, body but no spare battery yet. Just am battery on charge. Time to play

Walti
14th December 2016, 03:11 PM
HI
had the call this morning from SRS, body but no spare battery yet. Just am battery on charge. Time to play

Hurry up the sun's about to set! ;)

pault
14th December 2016, 03:16 PM
OK first pic, L SF jpg scalled down https://www.flickr.com/photos/98119119@N02/31526699261/in/datetaken-public/

Hope this works.

steverh
14th December 2016, 03:19 PM
It's on its way from SRS - no spare battery but I'll manage for now :)

They say the best presents are those that you buy for yourself!

steverh
14th December 2016, 03:20 PM
OK first pic, L SF jpg scalled down https://www.flickr.com/photos/98119119@N02/31526699261/in/datetaken-public/

Hope this works.

Certainly does!

Olybirder
14th December 2016, 03:25 PM

Hope this works.Nah, that's rubbish. I'll take the camera off your hands for 500. ;) :D

Ron

andym
14th December 2016, 03:30 PM
Well I didn't expect this. Being a person of little willpower I ordered an E-M1 mkii
last Sunday from SRS.
I was going to wait till middle of next year but saw they were doing it with zero interest finance.
They must have had quite a few as it's now on it's way. Roll on tomorrow.:):):)

Just have to save for the grip and spare battery now.

pault
14th December 2016, 03:45 PM
Andy,
You will be impressed, and I'm sure make good use of it

andym
14th December 2016, 04:04 PM
Andy,
You will be impressed, and I'm sure make good use of it

I've got a day out in Canterbury booked on Saturday(my birthday), I'll look forward to trying it then.

wanderer
14th December 2016, 04:13 PM
Ffordes have just told me they want to deliver mine. :)
I don't know when the lenses will arrive but I'll order up a spare battery (or 2?).

PhilDPerv
14th December 2016, 05:31 PM
Has anyone managed to obtain the camera body from LCE? I have had one on order for the last few weeks but nothing heard from them yet.

Couple of people on facebook are saying that they have heard from certain LCE branches that their cameras are coming in tomorrow ... was in the Chester one at the weekend seeing if they had any info about our pre-order , and all they could tell me was they are due in on the 22nd ??? So god knows !

Harbrimar
14th December 2016, 05:47 PM
I am really amazed about the variety of dates that seem to be coming from suppliers. None of them are certain. Are they not able to pick up a phone and ask the distributor when the delivery will be made and pass some reliable information out to their customers for a change?

Barr1e
14th December 2016, 07:25 PM
Well I didn't expect this. Being a person of little willpower I ordered an E-M1 mkii
last Sunday from SRS.
I was going to wait till middle of next year but saw they were doing it with zero interest finance.
They must have had quite a few as it's now on it's way. Roll on tomorrow.:):):)

Just have to save for the grip and spare battery now.

Hi Andy -

I was going to wait until tomorrow to collect mine, however my lunch date finished early, so I called in to SRS and collected the camera late afternoon - I wasn't the only one as another was collecting same only his box was larger - presumably a kit.

I'm busy again tomorrow so picture taking will be restricted.

Even without a grip attached the feel of the camera gives me confidence - it's feels big bold and beefy. :tup

Regards. Barr1e

andym
14th December 2016, 07:34 PM
Hi Andy -

I was going to wait until tomorrow to collect mine, however my lunch date finished early, so I called in to SRS and collected the camera late afternoon - I wasn't the only one as another was collecting same only his box was larger - presumably a kit.

I'm busy again tomorrow so picture taking will be restricted.

Even without a grip attached the feel of the camera gives me confidence - it's feels big bold and beefy. :tup

Regards. Barr1e

Hi Barr1e

Enjoy.:):)*yes*yes

The 100.00 cash back from the lens is going towards a grip for me.

Eclairewilliams
14th December 2016, 07:50 PM
I'm expecting mine from the Oly online store this Friday. I think some went out on Monday and mine should be despatched tomorrow. I have had my Black Friday back ordered 300mm confirmed as available from Park Cameras but not sure when they are dispatching it. Will be nice to try the two together at the weekend (crossing my fingers).
A bit of an expensive month but I've been waiting for almost a year for the 300 to be on offer.

DavyG
14th December 2016, 09:24 PM
I didn't pre-order an E-M1 II however I did register interest with SRS some time ago.

I received a call today asking if I was still interested as they'd put one aside for me, I of course said "Yes please", it arrives tomorrow.

I now need to check out the UHS2 cards to use with the new camera, I haven't done much research as I didn't expect to get my hands on one until next year.

Barr1e
14th December 2016, 09:58 PM
I didn't pre-order an E-M1 II however I did register interest with SRS some time ago.

I received a call today asking if I was still interested as they'd put one aside for me, I of course said "Yes please", it arrives tomorrow.

I now need to check out the UHS2 cards to use with the new camera, I haven't done much research as I didn't expect to get my hands on one until next year.

I am expecting one of these tomorrow from www.7dayshop.com - just to trial the card; Lexar Professional SD SDHC Memory Card Class 10 UHS-II 1000x Speed 150MB/s - 32GB 20:99
I have read it's pretty close to the 2000x card.

Regards. Barr1e

Goon525
15th December 2016, 06:31 AM
I am expecting one of these tomorrow from www.7dayshop.com - just to trial the card; Lexar Professional SD SDHC Memory Card Class 10 UHS-II 1000x Speed 150MB/s - 32GB 20:99

Regards. Barr1e

No, this comprehensive review suggests it's nowhere near the 2000x card, which is why I've reluctantly paid out four times as much for the latter.

https://havecamerawilltravel.com/photographer/fastest-sd-cards

Beagletorque
15th December 2016, 07:39 AM
What speed can the camera actually write at though? I think the PEN f is around 80 mbs?

birdboy
15th December 2016, 09:46 AM
I've been using the pro capture feature with a Extreme Pro 95MB/s card and a Delkin Devices UHS-1 633X card and the saving to the card is significantly slow such that I am having to wait 3-5 secs before I can take the next shot. I shall now be ordering the Lexar Professional 2000x UHS-II U3 card:eek:

ashtonsd
15th December 2016, 10:07 AM
Just confirmed payment with WEX. E-M1 Mark II body and second battery will be with me tomorrow.

They still don't know when they are getting any 12-100 f4 PRO lenses in though.

Rafletcher
15th December 2016, 10:07 AM
Just had an email from Wex telling me my body is in stock, will be giving them a call later on to arrange delivery

Grumpy Hec
15th December 2016, 10:34 AM
Email just in from LCE Colchester.

Camera arriving today so it looks like a trip to Camulodunum later on with luck. Not sure about the spare batteries I ordered but that's not a major issue at the moment.

Hec

Miketoll
15th December 2016, 10:39 AM
I ordered with Wex but have not heard from them so it looks like I will not be getting one of the first batch. *sob

DerekW
15th December 2016, 11:25 AM
Just had the call from Soton LCE to say -

not this time - I am top of the list for the 2017 delivery.
They do have some batteries though and have put one aside for me.

Upside, the really early adopters will be telling us how they use the various settings in the camera.

Goon525
15th December 2016, 11:36 AM
Just had the call from Soton LCE to say -

not this time - I am top of the list for the 2017 delivery.
They do have some batteries though and have put one aside for me.

Upside, the really early adopters will be telling us how they use the various settings in the camera.

Derek
When was your order placed?

Grumpy Hec
15th December 2016, 11:55 AM
LCE have just received mine so I can go into Colchester and get it.

Except that I can't as there are very big tides at the moment and I won't be able to get off the island until after 14:30 :(

How frustrating is that *ohwell

Hec

andym
15th December 2016, 11:59 AM
Think I'll be putting a bit of tape or something over the flashing light on the charger. That's going to wind me up in hotel rooms when travelling.:eek::eek::eek:
Start having a look at the setting when the battery is charged.

Beagletorque
15th December 2016, 12:02 PM
I have been allocated 2 @ ***, which I don't need as I have 2 coming from ***. If you are desperate then send me a Pm and I will let you know the details before I let them go.

Goon525
15th December 2016, 01:43 PM
I've just collected mine from LCE Guildford.

DavyG
15th December 2016, 02:13 PM
Received mine at 12:30, battery is charged now time to look at settings.

Spare battery and UHS-2 card should be here tomorrow/Saturday.

steverh
15th December 2016, 04:31 PM
It arrived at 15:45, almost dark and raining :mad:

First impression: isn't it quiet!
Second impression: there's a lot to learn!

Grumpy Hec
15th December 2016, 04:46 PM
Got it plus two spare batteries.

Spare battery on charge and using default one to sort settings for now.

I've duplicated the settings, for the most part except where other options are now available, what I had on the MKI as the starting point but I suspect that will get tweaked as time goes on.

That shutter is silky as a silky thing on national silky day :)

Hec

birdboy
15th December 2016, 04:52 PM
It arrived at 15:45, almost dark and raining :mad:

First impression: isn't it quiet!
Second impression: there's a lot to learn!

Third impression How many frames did it take:eek::eek::eek:
Fourth impression wheres the delete button.
Fantastically fast at capturing frames and focusing what a lot to learn and re learn how to pan now we have a camera that does great CAF and tracking.:):)

DerekW
15th December 2016, 07:28 PM
I ordered mine at the LCE show in Southampton 27th November at 11:56 am
there was quite a crush at the Oly stand looking at the Mk 11, I should have spent less time playing with the demo model and my 7-14mm lens using the MMF3 adapter.

AS I said all of the early adopters will have sorted out to use the new functions and how to exploit them by the time I get the camera.

DavyG
15th December 2016, 08:22 PM
I am expecting one of these tomorrow from www.7dayshop.com (http://www.7dayshop.com) - just to trial the card; Lexar Professional SD SDHC Memory Card Class 10 UHS-II 1000x Speed 150MB/s - 32GB 20:99

Regards. Barr1e

Thanks Barr1e,

I ordered a Lexar Professional 32 GB Class 10 UHS-II 2000x Speed (300 MB/s) SDHC Flash Memory Card, which is due for delivery tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I've just been reading a thread in which people are reporting problems with slot 1 having problems reading some cards, including the one I ordered.

I'll wait and see how this progresses.

Dave

Goon525
15th December 2016, 08:55 PM
Dave
I've just used a 2000x, 64gB in Slot 1 wth no problems. Issues only seem to have arisen with 128gB and larger. I think you'll be ok.
Paul

francesca
16th December 2016, 06:51 AM
Mine is due in at LCE, Norwich today!
No extra batteries yet though.

DavyG
16th December 2016, 09:32 AM
Dave
I've just used a 2000x, 64gB in Slot 1 wth no problems. Issues only seem to have arisen with 128gB and larger. I think you'll be ok.
Paul

Thanks Paul,

The card should arrive today, hopefully, it will work.

The card arrived and works fine.

I like the 4K movie mode and the ability to extract a single frame jpeg.

Dave

Bengeo
16th December 2016, 10:52 AM
If anyone needs spare batteries, Park Cameras have stock. Got mine next day.

Beagletorque
17th December 2016, 11:42 AM
Got 2 spare batteries from Camercentre Cardiff, they have 1 left in stock.

steverh
17th December 2016, 10:07 PM
Affinity Photo seems quite happy to work with raw images from the Mkii *chr

Mrs T
22nd December 2016, 11:12 AM
Have finally got my pre-order this morning after it arrived yesterday at Clifton Cameras. I'm not sure why they are so far behind. If anyone is waiting for the 12-40 kit it is worth calling them! ;) It could still make it under your tree!

ayewing
22nd December 2016, 11:21 AM
My pre-order of OM-D E-M1 mkII is arriving today from Clifton Cameras. They told me they were expecting delivery of the new cameras last week but for some reason they were delayed until yesterday. They had batteries in stock last week when I ordered mine as an addition to my September pre-order. I do not know if there are any left.

Mrs T
22nd December 2016, 01:52 PM
They are a really great shop and I think it was unfair that they had to chase Olympus for the stock when several other stores were sending out cameras. I also collected a spare battery and the 12-100mm. Now just need to wait for three more sleeps! The batteries are on charge though. And that LED is bright!

Eclairewilliams
22nd December 2016, 09:52 PM
Finally received mine today. It was from the Olympus online shop and although sent by DHL Express last Friday it got put on hold in Belgium due to incorrect paperwork relating to the lithium batteries. It was a very painful and frustrating wait until it arrived today. Most of the cameras which were stuck on hold were released on Tuesday night but for some reason mine and one other didn't get released until late last night.
I've charged the battery, put on a screen protector and changed a few menu settings. Now looking forward to getting outside with it and exploring the features in the next few days :-)

graham_jester
23rd December 2016, 03:26 PM
Hi there

I'd like to enquire which Screen Protector you've used for the E-M1 Mk II, i.e. which manufacturer and for which camera it's specified.
My reason for asking is that, based on comments I'd seen, that it's the same size as the E-M1 Mk I, this week I've tried two different types (specified for E-M1) and been totally unsuccessful! I just can't get them to seal properly.
I've now been advised elsewhere that the Mk II LCD is approximately 1 mm narrower in its vertical height and is apparently more akin to the dimensions of the E-M10 Mk 2.
That said I haven't yet found any supplier showing a specific version for the E-M1 Mk II.
Many thanks
Graham

pault
23rd December 2016, 04:21 PM
Hi Graham
Like you I tried one manufacturer and had same difficulty as you. Have now ordered from here: http://protectionfilms24.com as they specify for EM-1 mark2.
Currently they are on route to me

graham_jester
23rd December 2016, 05:00 PM
Hi Paul
Many thanks for your feedback.
Can you advise which particular version you've ordered - they seem to have several.

Regards
Graham

pault
23rd December 2016, 05:49 PM
It was these, they come in a pack of 6
1x 6x Savvies SU75 UltraClear Screen Protector for Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II
I have no idea if these will prove Ok. Just thought I would try them

Gwyver
23rd December 2016, 06:25 PM
Hi Paul
Many thanks for your feedback.
Can you advise which particular version you've ordered - they seem to have several.

Regards
Graham

Graham,
I also use protectionfilms24 and the type I use is the Vikuiti ADQC27.
I've also used one of these on my E-M1 for several years without problems. I chose this version because it has anti-reflective properties.

Eclairewilliams
23rd December 2016, 06:54 PM
It was these, they come in a pack of 6
1x 6x Savvies SU75 UltraClear Screen Protector for Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II
I have no idea if these will prove Ok. Just thought I would try them

Savvies are great in my opinion. I've used them for all our OMD bodies (three EM1, one EM5 Mk ii and now the 1 Mk II between husband and me).
I've put one on the Mk II which I already had from a set for the Mk I. It's not a perfect fit but it extremely close - only a tiny edge not perfect which might be me not getting it perfectly straight. So I'll leave it on for now. The Savvies are very good value.

pault
23rd December 2016, 08:09 PM
I understand the EM-1 mark 2 screen is a fraction smaller than mark 1

andym
23rd December 2016, 08:38 PM
I'm going to controversial here and ask if anyone has actually scratched a screen.
Over 13 years of using digital cameras I'm not aware I have, and I'm not over careful.

Beagletorque
26th December 2016, 12:25 PM
Lexar UHS-ii 1000x 32gb card on Amazon special deal for and hour or so... 14.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lexar-Professional-Class-UHS-II-Memory/dp/B00OD70UHO/ref=gbps_tit_m-8_4c31_7ca69973?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=47028784-0610-44db-b4a4-32fad4394c31&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=118857031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=4ZFZ8A2P74VZAYRVWMZA&th=1

ayewing
26th December 2016, 09:26 PM
Savvies are great in my opinion. I've used them for all our OMD bodies (three EM1, one EM5 Mk ii and now the 1 Mk II between husband and me).
I've put one on the Mk II which I already had from a set for the Mk I. It's not a perfect fit but it extremely close - only a tiny edge not perfect which might be me not getting it perfectly straight. So I'll leave it on for now. The Savvies are very good value.

That is exactly what I did with the same result. I had a pack of 6 Savies screen protectors for my E-M1 and I found I had four left unused so I put one on my new E-M1 mk2. As you say there is a small strip about 1mm left uncovered. However when you switch the camera on there is a black border surrounding the illuminated image on the screen so the uncovered strip hardly matters. As I actually managed to get the protective film on whitout any bubbles at first attempt I am very happy with the result.

ayewing
26th December 2016, 09:37 PM
I'm going to controversial here and ask if anyone has actually scratched a screen.
Over 13 years of using digital cameras I'm not aware I have, and I'm not over careful.

Only once and that was with a Leica M9. I was quite miffed about it as the camera was new and the damage was apparently inflicted by the screen coming into contact with a coat button. I subsequently learned that the Leica M9 screen was notorious for being made of a relatively soft plastc material. Subsequent models have had gorilla or saphire glass. I have never had any problems with a variety of Pentax DSLRs in the past nor with Olympus OM-D cameras. I suspect that screen protectors are unnecessary but as the cost of protectors is fairly trivial I prefer to play safe.

Rafletcher
29th December 2016, 04:55 PM

Nope, but I like an anti-reflective screen, so fit a protector to provide that finish.

drmarkf
30th December 2016, 11:11 AM

Yes, a Sony RX100 while carried round in an empty jeans pocket. I suspect it got scraped on the brass studs that some jeans have.

Olybirder
11th January 2017, 10:02 AM
It looks as if supplies of the E-M1 Mk II could be improving now. This morning WEX, Jessops, London Camera Exchange and SRS are all showing the camera body in stock. I think it will be quite a long time before we see any worthwhile discounts, though.

Ron

Mdb2
12th January 2017, 08:12 AM
Let's hope the Panasonic GH5 has some influence as it undercuts the EM1mk2 by 200. Failing that it could be November (Black Friday)??
Kind regards mike

Miketoll
12th January 2017, 11:43 AM
Thanks Ron, checked WEX and my pre-order still said waiting for delivery but elsewhere the web site said in stock so gave them a buzz. Yes they are in stock but my order said awaiting delivery because they are waiting for the 12-100 lens. They agreed to post my camera and spare battery out to me and will let me know when the lens comes in while maintaining my 100 discount. They have no idea when that will be and Olympus had not responded to their email.
Anyway I am sat here waiting for the delivery van even as I type. The clouds are thickening and we are due to get heavy rain later and I have other things to do tomorrow so will have to make do with cuddling it and investigating the new menu system. Oh and charging the batteries of course!