PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had confirmation of the free experience day

Eclairewilliams
26th November 2016, 07:10 PM
Has anyone who preordered the Mark II received their confirmation of a place on the free experience events (zoo, Lake District, etc).
I applied for the Lake District one with Steve Gosling. Although it's a long way to travel I would love to go on a photo shoot there with Steve. I saw a couple of people mentioned they had got acceptance for the zoo day on the Facebook group.

Harbrimar
26th November 2016, 07:42 PM
I received an email on 15/11:

Dear Photographer,

Thank you for your application to the OM-D E-M1 Mark II Experience Day in the Lake District.

Unfortunately we have been having some problems with our automatic confirmation emails that are supposed to send after application.

This email is to confirm that we have received your application and we are pleased to say that you do have a place on the Lake District Experience Day.

We will be in touch closer to the time to confirm your serial number and final details.

Best Regards,
The Olympus Image Space Team
www.olympus-imagespace.co.uk

Might see you there!

Goon525
27th November 2016, 10:52 AM
I've applied for Marwell Zoo, but not had any confirmation - so no way of knowing if they've received it.

pault
27th November 2016, 03:57 PM
Hi.
I've had confirmation for Duxford end of April 17
Regards
Pault

raichea
27th November 2016, 06:28 PM
I've had the same email as Harbrimar for Marwell... it arrived about a week after pre-ordering.

Goon525
29th November 2016, 02:36 PM
I do now have confirmation- but only because I nudged them.

brian1208
2nd December 2016, 10:56 AM
I had confirmation of my Marwell day, but it went straight to my Spam folder so it took a few days to find. I know of several others who have had it do the same so it could be worth checking if anyone else is still waiting

Grumpy Hec
4th December 2016, 08:25 AM
I booked in for Kew Gardens but have heard nothing. It's a great shame this process seems to be a bit hit and miss as it's an excellent idea.

Hec

Grumpy Hec
12th December 2016, 06:21 PM
So still no response of any sort to my booking for the Kew Garden session:confused:

Hec

Beagletorque
12th December 2016, 11:28 PM
I had a confirmation email that said they would check my camera serial number closer to the time and then confirm places.

brian1208
13th December 2016, 06:37 AM
same for me, going to Marwell

Grumpy Hec
19th December 2016, 07:16 PM
After chasing I've had confirmation for Kew Gardens.

The email I got from them confessed that there have been problems although they seem to suggest that it was mainly due to emails going into junk folders. Certainly in my case that was not what happened.

So it's worth a chase if you haven't heard.

Hec

DerekW
6th January 2017, 08:23 PM
I have had an email re confirming the invitation to the Marwell Zoo event asking me to send then the serial number of the MkII camera - I get the camera on Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

brian1208
6th January 2017, 08:30 PM
I've been told I'm on the Marwell day and that I will be contacted again, but no further request for the serial number (maybe the fact I have already registered the camera has done the job? )

pault
6th January 2017, 08:56 PM
Brian1208
I recieved the same email as DerekW asking for my serial number, even though I have registered the camera.
Received the email 17:00hrs, bit late in the day, so you might expect something say monday.

Eclairewilliams
6th January 2017, 09:15 PM
I'm glad you posted these messages. Just checked my junk mail folder and found my email asking for serial number and confirming the Lake District. I had already registered the camera so I don't think they tie the two pieces of information up. Now need to book some days off work.

brian1208
6th January 2017, 09:17 PM
thanks Paul

birdboy
6th January 2017, 10:46 PM
I received the email asking for serial number as well. I had registered so concur that Oly do not seem to link the two. I have gone for the Experience Day at Rockingham Speedway.

raichea
7th January 2017, 12:12 AM
Me too - registered before Christmas and late today received an e-mail confirming Marwell as long as I send them my serial number.

brian1208
7th January 2017, 03:08 AM
thanks for this, I had heard but my stupid system had placed it in Spam for some reason, replied now so just wait on final details :)

DerekW
7th January 2017, 10:21 AM
An opportunity to put faces to names at Marwell - I suppose carrying EM1 Mkii will help narrow the field from the thousands of members of the public we will have to fight through to see the Partula Snail.
We can be issued with "Lost Child Stickers" so if we get lost in the SCP manipulation process a member of the public will be able to get us back to the group.

To read up on Marwell see
https://www.marwell.org.uk/zoo/

brian1208
7th January 2017, 12:20 PM
The last experience day there I was with Andy Rouse and had an interesting chat about photography with one of the Ruffed Lemurs who was fascinated and kept peering at pics of its mates on the LCD :)

I wonder what special moments we will have this time?

As you say Derek, it will be good to see who we've been chatting to here

percy
7th January 2017, 03:50 PM
Hi everyone,

My first post on here having recently switched systems from Pentax to Olympus :)

I've had my email today requesting camera serial number as well, but how to notify Olympus is a bit unclear. I couldn't see anything about how or where to send it. Is it just doing a 'reply to' the email they've sent?

raichea
7th January 2017, 03:56 PM
Hi everyone,

My first post on here having recently switched systems from Pentax to Olympus :)

I've had my email today requesting camera serial number as well, but how to notify Olympus is a bit unclear. I couldn't see anything about how or where to send it. Is it just doing a 'reply to' the email they've sent?
That's how I read "... you are required to send us the serial number...".

percy
7th January 2017, 04:02 PM

Thanks, that's reassuring - it's what I did this morning with fingers crossed that it gets picked up at the other end :)

Grumpy Hec
7th January 2017, 06:40 PM

That's what I did. Time will tell if that's the correct method.

This whole process has been a bit hit and miss but it looks like it is getting there at last. Looking forward to a day in Kew Gardens.

Hec

iso
7th January 2017, 07:02 PM
[QUOTE=percy;403309]Hi everyone,

QUOTE]

Hi Percy, I have just made the same move - can't remember what the rules are but if you can send me a PM - be good to swap notes.

percy
7th January 2017, 07:24 PM
I see I'm not able to send a PM until I have made 6 posts. Don't know whether I can reply if one is sent to me.

iso
7th January 2017, 07:26 PM
Only 3 to go. Look forward to hearing from you.

Goon525
7th January 2017, 09:25 PM
Strange how many of us have migrated from Pentax to M43. Me too, though I came to this group via Panny G series at first - and still think one of the great benefits of the system is the support from two big manufacturers.

Harbrimar
8th January 2017, 03:07 PM
Received this email on 6/1/2017:

Dear Photographer,

Thank you for your recent application to the OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II Experience Day in the Lake District.

We are pleased to tell you that your application has been successful. In order to secure your place you are required to send us the serial number of your new OM-D E-M1 Mark II, which is located on the camera body. Your place will be confirmed after your serial number has been received and verified and you will receive a further email notification.

We will be in touch with finer details regarding the event at a later date. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to let us know.

Best Regards,
The Olympus Image Space Team

steverh
8th January 2017, 05:42 PM
I hadn't received anything so I thought I'd look in the spam folder - and there it was!

I was also asked for a serial number. I'm going to Peckforton Castle and can combine it with a family visit which is very handy!

DerekW
6th February 2017, 04:28 PM
Less than a month to the Marwell jolly and no news, when are you expecting more info?

brian1208
6th February 2017, 04:33 PM
I sent an e-mail off last week asking when we should hear about the final details, nothing back yet (and I have checked my Spam! :) )

raichea
6th February 2017, 04:33 PM
I was beginning to wonder the same thing....

Harbrimar
6th February 2017, 05:31 PM
After seeing your responses it reminded me that I had not received details of my Lake District Experience Day. I popped of an email to Olympus Image Space Team (what a strange name, do they have a space program?) and got a reply back in minutes saying I have a day booked on 12th May 2017.

pault
6th February 2017, 05:49 PM
Actually, I received an email today, re: Duxford Day. They have changed the date to 26th May, which is the day before Duxford Airshow weekend.
This could be better then I originally thought

percy
6th February 2017, 09:00 PM
Received mine for Duxford too :)

Mrs T
6th February 2017, 09:07 PM
Had mine for Kew today. Is anyone from here going there?

brian1208
6th February 2017, 09:46 PM
I'm waiting on the joining instructions, time place etc, already have my place confirmed

Is the instructions for the day you have now received?

Mrs T
7th February 2017, 06:37 AM
HI Brian,

It was just confirmation that my serial number had been verified, but nothing about the day.

Amanda

brian1208
7th February 2017, 07:02 AM
thanks Amanda, same for me.

When I received that the email it said that information on time and place to meet + other information would be provided nearer the time, that's what I've tried to chase them for

raichea
7th February 2017, 12:19 PM
Marwell info just dropped into my inbox

brian1208
7th February 2017, 12:32 PM
you beat me to it Steve, mine's just arrived too, see you there :)

Grumpy Hec
7th February 2017, 01:41 PM
Had mine for Kew today. Is anyone from here going there?

Yep - had no final details yet but I'm sure they'll come through at the appropriate time.

Looking forward to this day.

Hec

Mrs T
7th February 2017, 09:41 PM
See you there! I haven't had any details yet.