View Full Version : 20% off all Oly Lenses at Park Cameras

Beagletorque
25th November 2016, 08:00 AM
1759 for the 300 f4!:rolleyes:

Simon Bee
25th November 2016, 08:35 AM

Yep I know,

As I have been giving serious thought to returning to M4/3 this made me bight the bullet. Just ordered 12mm F2, 45mm f1.8, 75mm F1.8 saved 20% on all plus an extra 50 on the 12mm because I ordered a Pen-F with 17mm at the same time. That 12mm netted down to 399 !

The Pen-F with 17mm was 979.00 , a great deal, I almost bought a nice S/H Pen-F body only for 800 last week so I am glad I waited now.

Simon

ashtonsd
25th November 2016, 08:35 AM
I suspect there may be some mistake here....
I was just able to order the new 25mm f1.2 PRO with 20% off at 879.20

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Regardless this is a superb deal :)

hotbath1962
25th November 2016, 11:21 AM
True, but that's still a lot of wedge for a prime. Tempted, but the cost to trade in my PL25/1.4 is a big jump up.

Enjoy the lens though!

ashtonsd
25th November 2016, 11:53 AM
Seems offer has been removed and replaced with a 15% off some lenses. Maybe it was more popular than they anticipated...

sdb123
25th November 2016, 11:57 AM
Yep I know,

As I have been giving serious thought to returning to M4/3 this made me bight the bullet. Just ordered 12mm F2, 45mm f1.8, 75mm F1.8 saved 20% on all plus an extra 50 on the 12mm because I ordered a Pen-F with 17mm at the same time. That 12mm netted down to 399 !

The Pen-F with 17mm was 979.00 , a great deal, I almost bought a nice S/H Pen-F body only for 800 last week so I am glad I waited now.

Simon

For anyone else considering the Pen-F with 17mm, it is 949 at LCE.

benpanesar
25th November 2016, 12:09 PM
Seems offer has been removed and replaced with a 15% off some lenses. Maybe it was more popular than they anticipated...

Hi

I just found that out as well as the voucher is not being validated on the website :(

Mdb2
25th November 2016, 06:20 PM

I took advantage first thing this morning, 1759 for the 300f4. Later this afternoon I was rung back about my card not being accepted but it was a simple mistake in the number crunching! So hopefully will recieved it on Monday
Kind regards mike

Simon Bee
25th November 2016, 09:33 PM

Glad I ordered 'my little lot' last night as the extra 5% discount was/is quite substantial.

Simon

IainMacD
25th November 2016, 09:40 PM
...'my little lot' ...Simon

It sounds like a fantastic kit Simon and a bargain too, you just couldn't stay away could you? :D

Simon Bee
25th November 2016, 09:55 PM
For anyone else considering the Pen-F with 17mm, it is 949 at LCE.

A very good price if looking for just the body and 17mm. Having just done the maths I thankfully still had a better buy at Park because I purchased the black 12mm off of them for 399 ....... 549 before discount, less 50 for buying along with Pen F & 17 = 499 less a further 20% B/F discount = 399 net.

LCE price for the 12mm is 679.00 before discount, some 130 more expensive when compared 'like for like' without discounts. They are also offering 50 off with a Pen F & 17mm + 15% for B/F.

Park deal: Pen F + 17 + black 12 = 979 + 399 totalling 1378.00
LCE deal: " " " " ' " = 949 + 544 totalling 1493.00

Overall Park were ( this morning ) some 115 cheaper on the same deal. Admittedly now Park have gone from 20 to 15% the gap is narrower but still a decent saving. However if you are in the market for just a Pen F & 17mm then yes it would appear that LCE are currently the keenest on price.

Simon

Simon Bee
25th November 2016, 10:22 PM
you just couldn't stay away could you? :D

Quite true Iain,

Then again I never really went away , visited most days just not posted a lot. I guess I enjoy Olympus cameras and this forum along with its friendly members too much to stay away for long ;)

I could have pre ordered an em1 mk2 and say the 12-100 or similar but for me it has been the Pen F that has been tugging at my heart strings since its launch and this was obviously the time to take the plunge.

I find I can no longer reliably manual focus even a rangefinder with sufficient success and add in the fact that it's film and it related cost that I am wasting I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that my Leica R/F outfit has to go to another home. There is however a silver lining to most clouds and what better digital A/F camera to replace the Leica with than a PEN F :)

The discounts were not to be sniffed at either......

12mm............... saved 150
45 & 75mm........ saved 190
Pen F & 17mm ... saved 220

Total saving .... 560

and to think I came close to buying this 'little lot' last week :eek:

I am not particularly a fan of Black Friday but on this occasion I have to say *chr Park Cameras.

Simon

Ricoh
26th November 2016, 12:26 AM
Sorry to hear you're having problems with the M, Simon, but out of interest what are you planning to sell. Is the MP (film camera) up for sale, or has it already found a new owner? I keep looking and thinking and looking...

Simon Bee
26th November 2016, 08:20 AM
Sorry to hear you're having problems with the M, Simon, but out of interest what are you planning to sell. Is the MP (film camera) up for sale, or has it already found a new owner? I keep looking and thinking and looking...

Hi Steve,

It's not so much having problems with the M, it's problems with my eyesight that's leading me to take this decision. They are not what they once were and whilst I could get a digital M to cut down on the cost of wasted film it will not help with my focussing problems.

Yes the MP will be for sale, so as not to hi-jack this thread drop me a PM if you would like to know more.

Kind regards, Simon

Eclairewilliams
26th November 2016, 02:26 PM
I took advantage first thing this morning, 1759 for the 300f4. Later this afternoon I was rung back about my card not being accepted but it was a simple mistake in the number crunching! So hopefully will recieved it on Monday
Kind regards mike

You were very lucky. I rang yesterday afternoon and they would only give 15 percent off the 300 so I'm paying 1869 which isn't bad but I couldn't persuade them to match their earlier price. And you must have got one of their last in stock. I'm told it might be a couple of weeks wait.
Oh well I have been waiting all year to buy so I can't really moan (just feel a little envious of your better price).
I've got the EM 1 Mk II on order so maybe they'll both come before Christmas and I can get out to some nature reserves 😀
Claire

Mdb2
26th November 2016, 11:38 PM
Hi Claire, I actually tried a couple of minutes or so after midnight on the internet to search out all the various deals and tried to order it then. But the system was not working properly. Park cameras were the only ones to offer the latest pro lenses with 20% off, all the others did not include them at all. I have the Canon 300L f4is usm which I use with a metabones and em1, this set up works quite well, so I haven't been in a rush to get the Olympus version. I will therefore most likely sell the Canon version.
I had been holding back until the price dropped but as your aware it is still expensive. I was also sorely tempted with the new 12-100f4. But decided not to, which I might regret later. I am leaving the em1mk2 until Olympus do a deal.
I must admit to being well pleased with the service of park cameras. I did think when they rang back they might want to negate on the deal, fortunately they did not, they had just taken the wrong digit over the phone. Good luck with yours I hope it comes quickly for you.
Kind regards Mike