PDA

View Full Version : Timelapse landscapes

alfbranch
24th November 2016, 11:41 PM
Here are a couple of timelaspe videos I have taken recently

A time lapse video taken on a frosty morning at the lone tree on the shore of Buttermere this morning .
This is 139 shots take 30 seconds apart run at 5 frames per second
There is an in camera version at 10 frames per second. I think I stopped this too soon and should have sortedened the interval

https://youtu.be/ML-nAViUG2A

A time lapse taken on Snock rigg overlooking Crummock water this is an in camera version taken Straight out of the camera.

This looks over Crummock water with passing clouds.

ML-nAViUG2A
View: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML-nAViUG2A&feature=youtu.be)Buttermere sunrise time laspe - YouTube.

What do you think

Ian
25th November 2016, 07:28 AM
Very nice, though I would have used 16:9 wide screen mode.

Ian

alfbranch
25th November 2016, 11:25 PM
Very nice, though I would have used 16:9 wide screen mode.

Ian

Thanks Ian
You will need to explain how I would use 16:9 mode.

Ross the fiddler
26th November 2016, 06:24 AM
Very nice from me too, although if the interval was a little shorter on the second one covering the same time (with more frames), then it might have been even better.

If you go to your SCP, the aspect ratio is in the lower centre as [4:3] (that is saved in JPG although raw still saves the whole 4:3 frame) & that can be changed to [16:9] & that should take care of the sequence frames too (I think), so that saving it as a sequential movie in camera it should also save it in that aspect ratio.

alfbranch
26th November 2016, 07:51 PM
Very nice from me too, although if the interval was a little shorter on the second one covering the same time (with more frames), then it might have been even better.

If you go to your SCP, the aspect ratio is in the lower centre as [4:3] (that is saved in JPG although raw still saves the whole 4:3 frame) & that can be changed to [16:9] & that should take care of the sequence frames too (I think), so that saving it as a sequential movie in camera it should also save it in that aspect ratio.

Thanks Ross.

Kami
26th November 2016, 09:10 PM
Thanks for these ! Like 'em both - good idea. Must try something like it myself :-)

Agree with Ian, go for 16:9.

Also, there's a distracting shadow that appears twice bottom right in the first video, and not sure the planes add to the feeling of tranquillity and nature in the second. How about editing them out ?

alfbranch
26th November 2016, 10:22 PM
Thanks for these ! Like 'em both - good idea. Must try something like it myself :-)

Agree with Ian, go for 16:9.

Also, there's a distracting shadow that appears twice bottom right in the first video, and not sure the planes add to the feeling of tranquillity and nature in the second. How about editing them out ?

Thanks Kami
The shadow appearing was me moving around and I should pay attention to that in future.

alfbranch
29th October 2017, 10:16 PM
Here is another timelapse sunrise. I am the figure that appears in the shot and there is a bit too much mist I think.

https://youtu.be/XwlsIUmGMbE

OM USer
30th October 2017, 08:58 PM
Was that a shooting star in the second clip?

alfbranch
31st October 2017, 10:19 AM
Was that a shooting star in the second clip?

Thats a passing plane we get a lot of air traffic travelling to and from America