PDA

View Full Version : Respect

Crazy Dave
22nd November 2016, 07:58 PM
I've been thinking also about the devaluation of our language. A so-called athlete on 1/4 million a week alledgedly legless on international duty, demands respect when confronted with his behaviour. His manager believes that he gets less respect than the manager at Arsenal. What kind of fantasy world do these people live in? I really dislike the way they misappropriate our language in order to explain away their failings.

Farage as our man in Washington? The world has gone completely bonkers and the loonies are running the show. Whatever next? Prince Philip as the ambassador to Beijing, Jezzah to Moscow, Tess Daly to anywhere a long way away, Ed Balls likewise.

Further suggestions welcomed.

David

Harold Gough
22nd November 2016, 08:11 PM
Further suggestions welcomed.

David Cameron to head the Boy Scout Association "Be prepared".

Theresa May to run the BAA.

Mary Berry to be exiled to the village of Soggy Bottom.

Jeremy Clarkson marooned on Sark.

Harold

Crazy Dave
22nd November 2016, 09:31 PM
Harold, it needn't all be exports. We could take a leaf out of Trump's mouth and invite countries to send people we want as their representative here.

Mel Gibson running Racial Equality Commission
Silvio Berlusconi as vice..............
Benjamin Netanyahu i/c of Palestinian Affairs
Hillary C . email server expansion programme
Anyone from Belgium. Did you know that the guy who invented the saxophone is in the list of the 10 most famous Belgians?
The prime minister of Iceland to be England football manager. It's a woman so probably a good idea.

David

Naughty Nigel
22nd November 2016, 09:51 PM
Harold, it needn't all be exports. We could take a leaf out of Trump's mouth and invite countries to send people we want as their representative here.

Mel Gibson running Racial Equality Commission
Silvio Berlusconi as vice..............
Benjamin Netanyahu i/c of Palestinian Affairs
Hillary C . email server expansion programme

All agreed with the above.

Perhaps we could also invite Sarah Palin to join parliament. I don't care much for her politics but she would brighten things up, and would make Parliament Today worth watching. :D

http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2010/transformation/2010-Sarah-Palin-8-400.jpg

Anyone from Belgium. Did you know that the guy who invented the saxophone is in the list of the 10 most famous Belgians?
The prime minister of Iceland to be England football manager. It's a woman so probably a good idea.

David

But does she understand the Offside Rule? ;)

(I don't. :o )

I didn't realise Audrey Hepburn was Belgian.

The composer Caesar Franck was Belgian, but the Frogs wouldn't let him study music in Paris unless he became French.

drmarkf
22nd November 2016, 11:43 PM
Nigel Farrage as Ambassador to North Korea?

Otto
23rd November 2016, 08:55 AM
As long as Farage is overseas and out of my sight I don't care where he goes!