PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk temporarily unavailable (***update - now fixed)

Ian
17th November 2016, 06:08 PM
***Update Monday, 21st November - warning withdrawn, Tapatalk is OK to use now***

Apologies to anyone using TapaTalk but I made a mistake in the update process and we're having to reinstall from scratch but there is a database problem to fix first.

It's possible you may have re-connect and start from scratch at your end as well, I hope note but if so, once again I am very sorry.

Ian

PS I will update you as soon as we are back in business.

Ian
17th November 2016, 09:25 PM
Unfortunately, because the TapaTalk database is corrupted I need to hear back from them for, hopefully, a solution.

We could revert to the last backup but that would lose up to day's posts :(

So until we can resolve this I'm afraid that TapaTalk will remain unavailable.

Ian

Ian
17th November 2016, 09:25 PM
Unfortunately, because the TapaTalk database is corrupted I need to hear back from them for, hopefully, a solution.

We could revert to the last backup but that would lose up to day's posts :(

So until we can resolve this I'm afraid that TapaTalk will remain unavailable.

Ian

Ian
17th November 2016, 09:41 PM
Weirdly, Tapatalk seems to be working despite me doing my best to mess it up... In fact this is posted from Tapatalk. But I would still be cautious about using Tapatalk for now.

Ian

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

shenstone
17th November 2016, 10:01 PM
I know it's just me, but it can be gone for good in my opinion

it bugs the ***** out of me when I use my phone and it tells me that I can get it from the Apple or Android store...

When of course I am reading on a windows phone !!!

Ian
17th November 2016, 10:34 PM
I thought there was a Windows version?

I hung on to Windows Phone but the lure of a used Galaxy Note 4 for 200 was too much to bear!

Ian

shenstone
17th November 2016, 11:21 PM
I think there may be, but I can't be bothered with software that can't detect what OS I'm on

Wee man
19th November 2016, 08:42 AM
Ian no Tapatalk last night, seems to be back and running OK this morning. I was able to load other sites via Tapatalk but this site gave error messages. Everything back to normal at the moment. Thanks for sorting.

Wee Man

Phill D
19th November 2016, 09:03 AM
Forgive me for being a bit dim on this but why do people use Tapatalk? I get to the forum fine on my tablet phone and PC so what is the advantage of using something else to get to it? I looked at the website to see if I could work out what I was missing but to be honest it told me nothing about what it did in language I could understand. I quote from the website "Tapatalk is a end-to-end mobile solution for online forums and blogs. It includes a unique Mobile App with Mobile Push Notifications, supports Single Sign On with Social Network integration, Mobile Photos, Videos and Attachments Sharing, and more."
I'm happy to ignore it but would just like to know what I was passing up rather than ignore it through ignorance. So can anyone enlighten me?

Ian
19th November 2016, 09:41 PM
Tapatalk fits the screen of mobile phones better, but it doesn't support many of the customisations we have added over the years.

Ian

Phill D
20th November 2016, 09:44 AM
Super simple Ian, perfect thank you.

Ian
21st November 2016, 05:08 PM
Tapatalk support have given the thumbs-up :)

Ian