PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated board for E-M1 II now open

Ian
11th November 2016, 10:32 AM
I know, a bit late - but it's here now :)

Please post all E-M1 II discussions here from now on. I am gradually moving the stragglers here as well.

Ian

DaveC
28th February 2017, 04:00 PM
I can't see how to post a NEW thread so.....here's my problem:
Just purchased an E-M1 II and am having problems linking my camera with my Android phone.
I "think" it is all setup as the two recognize each other but the phone says the camera is out of range (located side by side!). I did get it to work for a few minutes but then it stopped. Any suggestions????
Have yet to contact Olympus.
:confused:

Graham_of_Rainham
28th February 2017, 04:43 PM
Check that your phone is not set to automatically select your home (or any other) networks.

*chr

DaveC
28th February 2017, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but I can't find anywhere on my Samsung 4(?) to do this. Probably hidden under a rock I haven't found yet. I am increasingly technologically challenged these days.........creeping old age.

Graham_of_Rainham
28th February 2017, 06:14 PM
From the home screen, pull down from the top, press and hold the WiFi button, select the one that is currently connected, then press "Forget"

You will of course then have to reconnect when you want it again.

Good luck

*chr

shenstone
28th February 2017, 08:34 PM
I know, a bit late - but it's here now :)
Ian

It's probably worth unsticking the preview days post as all the dates are now in the past

Regards
Andy

bassman
28th February 2017, 09:19 PM
I can't see how to post a NEW thread so.....here's my problem:
Just purchased an E-M1 II and am having problems linking my camera with my Android phone.
I "think" it is all setup as the two recognize each other but the phone says the camera is out of range (located side by side!). I did get it to work for a few minutes but then it stopped. Any suggestions????
Have yet to contact Olympus.
:confused:

Same problem, my Samsung S6 says it's WiFi is connected to the camera but OI.share says it can't communicate with the camera. Same as Dave, it worked ok the first time, few weeks back !

Graham_of_Rainham
28th February 2017, 11:18 PM
Try making the connection manually by typing in the WiFi ID & Password.

c12402
28th February 2017, 11:35 PM
Just to share with you... with iPhone is working OK, but IMHO, not enough.

If you use the phone as shutter release only, it's OK. If you use the live view mode, you cannot have hig-res nor bracketing modes. They are fully available using a PC and Oly capture SW, but not in iPad/iPhone apps.

A real pity as I planned to use iPad as an external monitor, specially in night pics and difficult manual focus scenes.

DaveC
1st March 2017, 01:48 PM
I "seem" to have solved the problem, thanks to your assistance. Further experimentation will see how it goes, ie: my phone battery died too fast night!
Thanks again, hands across the Atlantic!
Dave

Roy Mathers
26th March 2017, 05:33 PM
Like DaveC, I can't find a way of starting a new thread, so can I please post a different query? I would like my EM1-II to automatically display the shot I have just taken (like other cameras do). At the moment, I have to view the image my pushing the Playback button. I'm sure the facility is hidden in the menu somewhere, but I can't find it. Can anyone help please?

DerekW
26th March 2017, 05:36 PM
The
New Thread
button may help

DerekW
26th March 2017, 05:52 PM
Try Spanner or Wrench then REC View to adjust the time the image is in the viewfinder. Also Page 109 in the manual.

Roy Mathers
26th March 2017, 05:54 PM
That's what I was looking for - but I can't find it!

Roy Mathers
26th March 2017, 06:24 PM
That's done it! Thank you so much Derek - I don't think I would have thought of looking there!

DerekW
26th March 2017, 08:29 PM
RTFM as they say <g>

Roy Mathers
26th March 2017, 08:41 PM
RTFM as they say <g>

I am a believer in the manual and I was ploughing through it, but I didn't see that bit. Sorry for asking.

DerekW
26th March 2017, 09:44 PM
Roy

Sorry

The <g> indicates humour and understanding of trying to plough thru the manual - which has some pretty obscure terminology and in many cases does not indicate why one would use a function.

That is the great thing about the forum, this last week I have had a great amount of help from the forum. A lot of information I get is from people asking questions and receiving answers.

So keep on asking your questions. It helps us all

Roy Mathers
26th March 2017, 10:21 PM
Sorry about misunderstanding you Derek - I didn't know what <g> meant. So, today, I've not only more about the monitor display but also more about emojis!

blu-by-u
27th March 2017, 02:04 AM
RTFM as they say <g>

:confused: Is there one? you mean that thin multi language think printed on dead trees??:eek:

hehehe, Never opened that thing..not even when I got that 8080 UZ when I started using Olympus. Even when I tried it, I could not understand what's it telling me. It's forums like this that I learn the hidden treasures. :cool:

Growltiger
27th March 2017, 07:23 AM
In this forum, when you click on a thread that has new messages, it doesn't take you to the next unread post. Why doesn't it work correctly?

DerekW
27th March 2017, 08:44 AM
It does for me - check your profile and other options in the profile area of the forum

Growltiger
27th March 2017, 08:49 PM
It does for me - check your profile and other options in the profile area of the forum
I've checked and there is no setting for this.

It always takes me to the top of the latest page for a thread, not to the correct position on the page for the next post.