PDA

View Full Version : US to replace national anthem with the Benny Hill theme

Jim Ford
9th November 2016, 01:13 PM
Here:

http://newsthump.com/2016/11/09/us-to-replace-national-anthem-with-the-benny-hill-theme/

I particularly liked:

"I think that when President Elect Trump walks up the steps of the Capitol to take the oath of office in January, hearing the strains of the Yakety Sax will give the occasion about the appropriate level of dignity"

Jim

Wally
9th November 2016, 01:45 PM
*chr To the one - I can't remember - who it was from this forum who originally put NT up for us to enjoy (or not) but I have found the NT site a wonderful pick-up to news items that otherwise, would be full of the doom and gloom we have become so accustomed to.

They have a wicked way of bending the news - as this link shows - as there's always two sides to a story.

Personally, I prefer this type of reportage, more believable to the bog standard daily output. *yes ;)

Jim Ford
9th November 2016, 02:57 PM
*chr To the one - I can't remember - who it was from this forum who originally put NT up for us to enjoy

I think I can proudly claim to be the one!

There's some great stuff on there at present.

Jim

Naughty Nigel
9th November 2016, 09:06 PM
I'm looking forward to Newzoids and Have I Got News for You. :D

Jim Ford
9th November 2016, 09:14 PM
I'm looking forward to Newzoids and Have I Got News for You. :D

I was disappointed when I saw Newzoids - it was nowhere near up to the standard of the old 'Spitting Image'.

Jim

Naughty Nigel
9th November 2016, 09:29 PM
I was disappointed when I saw Newzoids - it was nowhere near up to the standard of the old 'Spitting Image'.

Jim

I agree. Spitting Image was superb. Newzoids is not in the same league but is still funny.

I particularly enjoy their sketches on Strictly Come Dancing. They have that off to a Tee.

'Not the Nine O'clock News' was another classic that should be brought back, but I am showing my age now. :D

drmarkf
9th November 2016, 10:30 PM
I'm looking forward to The Last Leg Christmas Special.

:D

Jim Ford
9th November 2016, 11:11 PM
[QUOTE=Naughty Nigel;398016
'Not the Nine O'clock News' was another classic that should be brought back, but I am showing my age now. :D[/QUOTE]

But I don't suppose you're old enough to remember 'TW3' - 'That Was The Week That Was', like I do!

;^)

Jim

Miketoll
10th November 2016, 09:09 AM
But I don't suppose you're old enough to remember 'TW3' - 'That Was The Week That Was', like I do!

;^)

Jim
Oh dear I remember that show well, perhaps that is why I need a lighter camera like Olympus! :D

DerekW
10th November 2016, 09:18 AM
TW3 was a program that introduced premature sobriety to Engineering students, it would get them from the bars and pubs into the Common Room on a late Saturday evening to see the show in Black and White.

Wally
10th November 2016, 06:51 PM
Going back to J F's original post... I reckon this sums the whole shebang in a nut-shell --> http://newsthump.com/2016/11/10/green-party-voters-still-horrified-by-clinton-defeat/

All that's needed now, is Porky Pig saying... --> Porky Pig Cartoon Ending "That's All Folks!" - YouTube

Naughty Nigel
10th November 2016, 08:58 PM

;^)

Jim

I can remember my father and older brother watching TW3, which they clearly found hilarious, but I have to admit I wasn't anywhere near old enough to appreciate it myself. :)

Olybirder
10th November 2016, 10:41 PM
I can remember TW3 when I was at school, especially Millicent Martin singing the theme song. I was sure that Annie Ross also sang on the programme but it seems that she was the singer on a subsequent show 'Not So Much a Programme More a Way of Life'. She and Lynda Baron (Nurse Gladys Emmanuel in 'Open All Hours') sang on the show on alternate weeks. David Frost hosted both programmes, which probably explains my confusion.

Ron

Jim Ford
10th November 2016, 10:43 PM
If nobody else speeds up a video of Trump walking up the steps to the Capitol to take the oath, and dubs 'Yackety Sax' to it - I certainly will!

Jim

David M
10th November 2016, 11:59 PM
TW3 was a program that introduced premature sobriety to Engineering students, it would get them from the bars and pubs into the Common Room on a late Saturday evening to see the show in Black and White.

I remember a similar thing when Hill Street Blues started in the UK. It was either Friday or Saturday night, people headed home from the pub to watch it.

Mdb2
11th November 2016, 07:59 AM
Re: US to replace national anthem with the Benny Hill theme
:D:D:D:D

Well David that Title/heading has made my day. That is till I get to Reading LCE later.
Still chuckling
Kind regards Mike