PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations President Trump!

timboo
9th November 2016, 10:43 AM
Wow what a rollercoaster year it has been so far, first Brexit and now Trump, wonder if his presidency will become watered down and legal challenges launched by those who disagree with the outcome?

Wally
9th November 2016, 11:16 AM
Wow what a rollercoaster year it has been so far, first Brexit and now Trump,

--> wonder if his presidency will become watered down and legal challenges launched by those who disagree with the outcome?

NAH! They have a much simpler and 'permanent' approach...

BANG! BANG! and the job is done. *yes

yorky
9th November 2016, 11:17 AM
Yes, the will probably shoot him sometime.

Olybirder
9th November 2016, 11:19 AM
I am not surprised by anything anymore. It is a very bad year for the pollsters though.

Ron

Wally
9th November 2016, 11:30 AM
Looking on the bright side of life, there ought to be a huge drop in the unemployment figures as there should be plenty of construction jobs to be had. Just wondering what they will name it?

The Great Wall of ????? *shrug ;)

Olybirder
9th November 2016, 11:35 AM
Some people have been talking about the 'wind of change' today. Quite appropriate, given his surname. :)

Ron

pdk42
9th November 2016, 11:41 AM
Trump in the Whitehouse, wet fart in number 10.

DerekW
9th November 2016, 11:41 AM
Be aware that any stroppy posts will be reported to the FBI and the originator will get an early morning call followed by a uncomfortable flight to Gitmo and this is not to emulate Beagletorque's pictures

Ross the fiddler
9th November 2016, 12:53 PM
Their motto, "God Bless America" has now got to be "God Help Us All!". :rolleyes:

Bruce Clarke
9th November 2016, 01:00 PM
We are all part of the biggest reality show ever now!

Shaw
9th November 2016, 01:35 PM
Looking on the bright side of life, there ought to be a huge drop in the unemployment figures as there should be plenty of construction jobs to be had. Just wondering what they will name it?

The Great Wall of ????? *shrug ;)

Canada has started building a wall now!!:D

Jim Ford
9th November 2016, 03:00 PM
Apparently the Canadian web site covering immigration went down last night owing to overload. Google also reported a spike in 'Canada immigration' searches.

Jim

Crazy Dave
9th November 2016, 03:12 PM
My daughter-in-law is American, has considerable brain power and is clever - she lives here in the UK. She assured me earlier this year that the Americans were far too savvy to vote for Trump.

The rallies look like mass hysteria and the Democrats can only blame themselves for nominating as toxic a brand as Clinton. Be glad we live this side of the pond, it's not so bad after all.

David

Wally
9th November 2016, 04:02 PM

:eek::eek::eek: Now you've gone and done it... upsetting the new POTUS by stealing his idea and getting it implemented before he takes office. :tup

Harold Gough
9th November 2016, 04:23 PM
Wow what a rollercoaster year it has been so far, first Brexit and now Trump, wonder if his presidency will become watered down and legal challenges launched by those who disagree with the outcome?

As with Obama, Trump's aspirations will mostly remain just that, as he doesn't have the power to act. All the more so as he dumped his own party. It is going to get far dirtier than the election campaigning.

Harold

maccabeej
9th November 2016, 05:32 PM
Probably the first time that one party control of all three parts of the US government will lead to stalemate

sapper
9th November 2016, 06:25 PM

Probably...............

Simon Bee
9th November 2016, 08:43 PM
Maybe a good time to buy stocks in American Cement & Re-Bar Companies ;)

Hollande & Merkel next for a good dose of working-class backlash ????

In the words of Bob Dylan ...... The times they are a changing'

Simon

Olybirder
9th November 2016, 09:13 PM
Since unpredictable voting seems to be all the rage at the moment, perhaps Corbyn really could become Prime Minister at the next election.

Ron

Harold Gough
9th November 2016, 09:14 PM
One journalist refered to Trump as the "bouffant" President. "Bouffant" and "buffoon" are often confused! :D

Harold

Loup Garou
9th November 2016, 09:18 PM

And getting America to pay for it!

timboo
9th November 2016, 09:20 PM
Think there will be a fair few people who spoke out publicly about Trump previously in not a nice light wishing they kept their traps shut knowing they will now be forming relationships with him.

Simon Bee
9th November 2016, 09:29 PM
Since unpredictable voting seems to be all the rage at the moment, perhaps Corbyn really could become Prime Minister at the next election.

Ron

Oh dear God :eek:

Simon Bee
9th November 2016, 09:32 PM
One journalist refered to Trump as the "bouffant" President. "Bouffant" and "buffoon" are often confused! :D

Harold

True, but he is the one "currently" having the last laugh ;)

Simon

Ross the fiddler
9th November 2016, 09:42 PM
Probably the first time that one party control of all three parts of the US government will lead to stalemate

We've got a 'stalemate' governing situation downunder. *ohwell

drmarkf
9th November 2016, 10:43 PM
Yeah.

So, he's going to get blocked and frustrated as they all have by the entwined political process in the US. Then he'll pass the blame on to dirty tricks from the 'liberal elite', and stir up a load more hatred and anger from his redneck supporters in the Rust Belt.

"REMIND YOU OF ANYONE???"

:rolleyes:

Tee, hee.

By the way, I'm sure Vladimir Putin is currently studying the Vilnius/Tallinn/Riga guidebooks, because The Donald's international relations policy will consist of letting everyone else in Abroadistan stew in their own juices.

So we'd better prepare for a fresh influx of refugees, from Europe this time, eh. I wonder how his New Best Friend Nigel is going to explain that one away?

:)

drmarkf
9th November 2016, 10:55 PM
Hey, The Last Leg is on right now - it's a killer!

Crazy Dave
9th November 2016, 11:03 PM
Well, T what are your key attributes for the role we have in mind?

Well, I'm:

Racist
Mysogynistic
A Liar
A rabble rouser
Tax Avoider
Former Bankrupt
An admirer of one of the biggest despots in the world
A promoter of illegal hacking
A groper of women
An insulter of service veterans
A Bully
A **** and much more

Thank you Mr T - That'll do nicely

drmarkf
9th November 2016, 11:42 PM
Quoted on the Last Leg, here's a clip of the Leader-elect of the Free World and holder of the nuclear codes, snogging the falsies of Rudy Giuliani, ex-mayor of New York and possible candidate for national security adviser.

You really can't make this stuff up.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4IrE6FMpai8

timboo
10th November 2016, 07:40 AM
Trump is a very bold/educated guy in the way he went about gathering support pre election day.
For example the way he appealed to older white people whilst purposely losing support from other ethnicities. He must have known the fine grain detail of the US population far more than Clinton probably did, he didnt simply insult people off the cuff. Having a billion or 2 is also handy!

I not saying I agree with his approach but US is so different to UK. People in the US are allowed to express views more freely with less backlash compared to UK.

Anyway back to the topic will be interesting/different times ahead.

sapper
10th November 2016, 07:48 AM
This is a long read, but worth it I think.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tobias-stone/history-tells-us-what-will-brexit-trump_b_11179774.html

Loup Garou
10th November 2016, 08:19 AM
Think there will be a fair few people who spoke out publicly about Trump previously in not a nice light wishing they kept their traps shut knowing they will now be forming relationships with him. They will have to keep to accepted norms and etiquette, which explains all the nonsense about congratulations and "working together". But no one on either side is fooled about what the real opinions are.

Trump is a man who would have been perfectly at home in Germany of the 1930s. No less.

Miketoll
10th November 2016, 09:19 AM
As with Obama, Trump's aspirations will mostly remain just that, as he doesn't have the power to act. All the more so as he dumped his own party. It is going to get far dirtier than the election campaigning.

Harold
Worries me somewhat that the Republicans have control of both Houses and Trump will appoint the Supreme Judge so there will not necessarily be the same brakes on him as Obama had put on him. No wonder Putin is so happy as Trump promises to virtually dismantle Nato for him. He can also have a devastating affect on the World economy.
I need a new camera to take my mind off things........

Harold Gough
10th November 2016, 09:21 AM
Trump is a man who would have been perfectly at home in Germany of the 1930s. No less.

Or in Russia today, which may be where he will have to run to before long.

Harold

Harold Gough
10th November 2016, 09:25 AM
I need a new camera to take my mind off things........

It is rumoured, well it is now, that Olympus USA are planning a Special Edition "Trump" model. It is to offer all sorts of dream options but will deliver none of them. :D

Harold

Loup Garou
10th November 2016, 09:43 AM
Local brickmakers voted for Trump thinking that he would buy millions from each of them to build his wall. Little did they know that he had already ordered a trillion bricks cheap from China.

Bricklayers are still hopeful. They are applying in thousands to the White House for jobs. *chr

Naughty Nigel
10th November 2016, 11:05 AM
Little did they know that he had already ordered a trillion bricks cheap from China.

Correction. Little did they know that he had already ordered a trillion bricks cheap from his factory in China. :rolleyes:

I see from the BBC news that Trump gets the nuclear launch codes today. :eek:

Loup Garou
10th November 2016, 11:13 AM
I see from the BBC news that Trump gets the nuclear launch codes today. :eek: Sent to his Twitter account?

mack100
10th November 2016, 11:52 AM
Whilst it's absolutely impossible to know what Trump will do about all the things he's mentioned in his pre-election rallies it is entirely possible that he will do certain things in his first 100 days in office.

They include rescinding Obama"s executive orders, cancelling ObamaCare and many other things including action against illegal immigrants and Muslims wishing to enter the USA.
These plus building a wall will incur enormous costs.

Unlike Obama he has the other Houses in the palm of his hand. Of course it's possible they may frustrate him but they will also have to judge their responses considering the mid-term elections.
The stuff will hit the fan economically and politically of he takes up his pledge to rescind free trade agreements and introduces tariffs to protect US workers.
It's been tried before and didn't end well
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoot%E2%80%93Hawley_Tariff_Act.

Naughty Nigel
10th November 2016, 12:16 PM
Sent to his Twitter account?

.......... Or by email on his personal mail server? :rolleyes:

Naughty Nigel
10th November 2016, 12:32 PM
One thing we cannot deny is that Trump is a smart businessman; probably much more so than Clinton, Blair, Bush, et al.

He has operations all over the world including some Muslim countries.

He has made big mistakes, including bankruptcy back in the 1990's when he had to abandon the build of his new 135 metre superyacht Trump Princess, (at the time the biggest such yacht in the world). But, he always recovered! That makes him a lot smarter than most.

He is first and foremost a businessman, not a politician. With that in mind I would expect him to do his utmost to maintain good working relations with other countries around the world. It is easy enough for politicians like Blair and Bush, with their 24 hour security and bulletproof cars, to alienate entire cultures and continents. They don't have to worry too about the unintended consequences, and will still get their monthly pay cheque. But you cannot do much trade with a country that you have all but destroyed.

DerekW
10th November 2016, 12:52 PM
Trump's operations tend to be more manual - eg buildings, hotels etc. It looks as if he will come into conflict with the Silicone Valley type industries where the design is US based with manufacturing in Asia. His proposed high import tariffs to get manufacturing back into the US will cause price rises in the phone and electronics business. This will wash into the UK which along with the Brexit surcharges will make a lot of our favourite toys much more expensive (possibly unaffordable).

Ricoh
10th November 2016, 01:00 PM
Frexit and Nexit will be next.
It would be good to see the EU revert to a common market without political influence.

Loup Garou
10th November 2016, 01:27 PM
He is first and foremost a businessman, not a politician. He is first and foremost a megalomaniac and demagogue. But those two qualifications are ample to run a country like America.

Naughty Nigel
10th November 2016, 01:42 PM
Trump's operations tend to be more manual - eg buildings, hotels etc. It looks as if he will come into conflict with the Silicone Valley type industries where the design is US based with manufacturing in Asia. His proposed high import tariffs to get manufacturing back into the US will cause price rises in the phone and electronics business. This will wash into the UK which along with the Brexit surcharges will make a lot of our favourite toys much more expensive (possibly unaffordable).

Production of heavier domestic appliances is already returning to America; partly because the American people expect to buy American built goods, but also because the high cost of oil and transportation means it is actually cheaper to build in the USA.

Maybe electronics will follow. After all, Apple laptops are heavy enough! :D

Naughty Nigel
10th November 2016, 01:44 PM
He is first and foremost a megalomaniac and demagogue. But those two qualifications are ample to run a country like America.

Hollywood produces more films than the rest of the world put together, and the Americans are always the heroes/good guys.

I often wonder whether Americans actually believe them to be true? :rolleyes:

timboo
10th November 2016, 03:21 PM
The US and Russia already have a strong bond

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/image8.jpeg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/91157)

Naughty Nigel
10th November 2016, 03:23 PM
The US and Russia already have a strong bond

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/image8.jpeg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/91157)

Hands off please Donald! :D

Naughty Nigel
10th November 2016, 03:45 PM
I hear that Her Majesty has agreed to restore British rule over the USA, saying "This two-hundred-and-forty-year experiment in self-rule began with the best of intentions, but I think we can all agree that it didnít end well.Ē

http://www.newyorker.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Borowitz-Queen-Elizabeth-1200.jpg

timboo
10th November 2016, 04:06 PM
Nigel the Queen ever so slightly reminds me of Mr burns smirk from the Simpsons

Loup Garou
10th November 2016, 04:06 PM
On Trump's inauguration day they should sing "Donald, Where're Your Troosers?" rather than the Star-Spangled Rhythm.

Wally
10th November 2016, 06:29 PM
I hear that Her Majesty has agreed to restore British rule over the USA, saying "This two-hundred-and-forty-year experiment in self-rule began with the bJust a heads-up for those who may not be aware?est of intentions, but I think we can all agree that it didnít end well.Ē

I would say: That if HM can still smile and crack a joke, then we have nothing to worry about.

PS: Don't quote me on that. ;)