PDA

View Full Version : OMD E-M1 II in Dublin!!

Wee man
8th November 2016, 09:20 PM
Contacted today to let me know Conn's Cameras in Dublin will have an Olympus day with the OMD E-M 1 mk2 on show on 24th November, 250 mile round trip but I think will go down to get hands on and meet Chris who I have e mailed and spoken to on the phone but never met.

Wee Man

Grumpy Hec
9th November 2016, 08:19 AM
Contacted today to let me know Conn's Cameras in Dublin will have an Olympus day with the OMD M-E1 mk2 on show on 24th November, 250 mile round trip but I think will go down to get hands on and meet Chris who I have e mailed and spoken to on the phone but never met.

Wee Man

Did that on Monday in Colchester. See my post is the Announcements section for my thoughts.

Chris is pleasant chap and the camera is a beauty so be warned that resistance is useless as the Vogon said whilst throwing Arthur and Ford out of the airlock of the Vogon Constructer ship.

Hec

Wee man
9th November 2016, 10:23 AM
Smegging

Wee Man

Ross the fiddler
9th November 2016, 11:06 AM
I wonder what an OMD M-E1 mk2 is? :confused: Is that a lot different to the OM-D E-M1 Mk II? ;) :p :D

Havagoodwun mate! *chr

Olybirder
9th November 2016, 11:26 AM
I wonder what an OMD M-E1 mk2 is? :confused: Is that a lot different to the OM-D E-M1 Mk II? ;) :p :D
I've heard that it is exactly the same but 500 cheaper. ;)

Ron

DerekW
9th November 2016, 11:38 AM
The 2 is not as classy as the II

Wee man
9th November 2016, 06:45 PM
When in Rome do as the Romans when in Ireland do your own thing its 1 key for the number 2 instead of three keys for II.

Caps lock and i twice!

When you say / think mark two / mark II / Mk 2 / mkII does your mind envisage the symbol 2 or II ?

Another case of down side up OR upside down. The end result is the same?

Wee Man

Wally
9th November 2016, 07:01 PM
When in Rome do as the Romans when in Ireland do your own thing its 1 key for the number 2 instead of three keys for II.

Caps lock and i twice!

When you say / think mark two / mark II / Mk 2 / mkII does your mind envisage the symbol 2 or II ?

Wee Man

:eek: Bejabbers, to be sure, to be sure, trust the Irish to make it complicated. ;)

Ross the fiddler
9th November 2016, 09:57 PM

Caps lock and i twice!

Wee Man

Sure Ed. ;) When in Ireland we'll call it OM-D E-M1 Mk 2 then (& not OMD M-E 1 Mk 2). :p :D

*chr

Wee man
11th November 2016, 12:04 PM
Check the new thread for the latest Olympus body another variation on a name!

Wee Man

Ross the fiddler
11th November 2016, 12:15 PM
Check the new thread for the latest Olympus body another variation on a name!

Wee Man

:D Good to see you spotted it. ;)

*chr

Ian
11th November 2016, 12:34 PM
Sure Ed. ;) When in Ireland we'll call it OM-D E-M1 Mk 2 then (& not OMD M-E 1 Mk 2). :p :D

*chr

I thought I would correct the original title - sorry if I was wrong!

Ian

Ross the fiddler
11th November 2016, 01:00 PM
I thought I would correct the original title - sorry if I was wrong!

Ian

It looks right to me now. ;) *yes :D

Wee man
11th November 2016, 01:42 PM
All right I submit now that you tall people are ganging up on me!
It will now be the latest E-M release, should be safe with this and the next one!

Wee Man

Ross the fiddler
11th November 2016, 10:45 PM
We wouldn't gang up on you Ed ;) & understand since our son in-law is similar. He IS tall though as we look up to him. :D
Take care mate & hope you get to enjoy this new E-M1 Mark II camera. I'm hoping & dreaming that one day I might too, but I've just blown my budget for a while with a purchase of the 40-150 Pro lens with MC14 because my 50-200 SWD lens developed a fault & the new lens was on a good sale. :rolleyes:

*chr

Wee man
12th November 2016, 12:25 AM
One good thing being small is that childrens clothes fit and you do not pay VAT!
I read about the traumatic time you had having to get the Pro lens when your 50-200mm had its little accident!
I will be contacting various dealers for prices for my 4/3 kit after I have tried some on the recently released E-M 1 update. If they do not operate well they go to build up the pot.
Still find asking price hard to deal with, my last pre owned car which lasted eight years was less than body only price!
And the Olympus allowance for the E-M 1 body is only 400!

Ross the fiddler
12th November 2016, 01:30 AM
I do like the 50-200 SWD lens for it's range, quality & full time mechanically linked focus ring & I might see about repairs next year as it seems like it may only need a clean & lube, but any excuse is better than none to buy a new lens. ;) :D I rather like the look of the new 12-100 F4. lens too, but....... I am also dreaming of the new E-M1 too. :o My wife keeps reminding me of our need to save more for our retirement so she doesn't have to keep working till she's 70. *shrug *ohwell

*chr

Wee man
12th November 2016, 09:07 AM
Your wife and mine must go to the same club! I have taken the other approach using it cos I cannot take with me. I have left her well covered when I go. Jill will retire next May to give her more freedom to look after the grand daughters. We have a new grand daughter who is 18 days old today.

Wee Man

Ross the fiddler
12th November 2016, 09:32 AM
Your wife and mine must go to the same club! I have taken the other approach using it cos I cannot take with me. I have left her well covered when I go. Jill will retire next May to give her more freedom to look after the grand daughters. We have a new grand daughter who is 18 days old today.

Wee Man

Congratulations on the birth of your grand daughter. We are to be blessed with a second grand child in about a month's time (with my eldest daughter).

On spending, I could spend money on tooth crowns (but fillings will do thanks) but I'd rather put money into things that others can enjoy after I'm gone, so I'm working hard on adding to that. ;) :D

*chr

Wee man
13th November 2016, 08:10 AM
Thanks, hope all goes well as you know it changes your life. Make sure to get plenty of newborn shots.

Wee Man

Phill D
13th November 2016, 08:30 AM
Must admit I'm finding it hard to justify the expense too. Even thought it has all my concerns fixed. I didn't think it would but somehow that price just seems too much and as you say Ed the 400 trade in from Oly is pretty miserable.