PDA

View Full Version : Keystone Cops ...

Wally
7th November 2016, 03:41 PM
:eek: Now working at a prison near you --> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-37899401

To mis-quote Marilyn Monroe:"Diamonds are a prisoners best friend." *yes

*noteStill, it's nice to be told that security still remains a top priority... apparently? :rolleyes:

Naughty Nigel
7th November 2016, 07:03 PM
I hear that after several years of cutting prison officers HM Gov't is to recruit more officers to increase numbers to pre 2010 levels.

I wonder how long before the same thing happens to the police force? :rolleyes:

Have our MP's ever understood the phrase 'false economy' I wonder? :(

Wally
7th November 2016, 08:02 PM
I hear that after several years of cutting prison officers HM Gov't is to recruit more officers to increase numbers to pre 2010 levels.

--> Have our MP's ever understood the phrase 'false economy' I wonder? :(

Why bother when someone else has to sort it out. After all, if a week IS a long time in politics then five years must seem like a life-time. Still the perks, jollies and pensions are worth sticking it out for. :cool: :rolleyes:

Jim Ford
7th November 2016, 08:13 PM

Police? Ah yes, I remember them! Didn't they used to patrol our streets, maintaining law and order?

Our mayor recently stated that Watford town centre is safe at night. A few days later there was a murder and stabbing at night. It's a dangerous world out there and I can't really blame the police for keeping cosy and safe in their headquarters, tutt-tutting over indistinct CCTV images of criminals plying their trade.

Jim

Wally
8th November 2016, 09:11 AM
:confused: The problem I'm have with getting my head around all of this, is why would anyone want to break out of a 5* hotel?

According to one individual - recently transferred from a secure loony bin "I love prison with free TV, education to degree level, a gym to keep fit, plus my own room and three meals a day etc., etc.'

:eek: Or, are we being mis-informed yet again and prison is not as good as we have been led to believe? ;)

Naughty Nigel
8th November 2016, 09:56 AM
:confused: The problem I'm have with getting my head around all of this, is why would anyone want to break out of a 5* hotel?

According to one individual - recently transferred from a secure loony bin "I love prison with free TV, education to degree level, a gym to keep fit, plus my own room and three meals a day etc., etc.'

:eek: Or, are we being mis-informed yet again and prison is not as good as we have been led to believe? ;)

I have only visited one prison, Lewes in East Sussex, and I really wouldn't want to make a habit of it.

I was visiting an inmate there, (sad story of a young lad remanded for his own protection), so my visit was entirely voluntary. I nevertheless found the whole experience very dehumanising, so I cannot imagine what it is like for inmates.

This was about thirty years ago, and I am pleased to report that the young lad has since led a happy and fruitful life after recovering from substance addiction, but that experience left a very deep impression on me, and I shall certainly never forget it.

I may be an honorary member of the 'bring back the birch' campaign, but I somehow think the Daily Mail and Express may be exaggerating the star ratings of our prisons just a little. :rolleyes: