4th November 2016, 01:19 PM
Never thought I'd ever think that, but here we are:

https://youtu.be/5vtnEA7pWYw

Greytop
4th November 2016, 01:35 PM
Quite right too.

Ian
4th November 2016, 02:05 PM
I have never agreed with his politics in general but I certainly concede he is a master of logic and is able to use (selectively) common sense in a powerful way. I suspect the police officers in the clip saw Red Ken as a bit of a challenge :)

Ian

shenstone
4th November 2016, 02:37 PM
Excellent!

Like others I've not always agreed with him, but as an orator and someone capable to drive his point of view though sometimes thick skulls he has always been superb

regards
Andy

Graham_of_Rainham
4th November 2016, 03:42 PM
I feel the point made about the police not being the servants of the company was particularly well made. I have experienced several interactions with "security" and fortunately the Police have always sided with me.

Jim Ford
4th November 2016, 03:51 PM
Most people would have meekly complied, and the police congratulated themselves for a good job well done!

Jim

OM USer
4th November 2016, 04:16 PM
I'm not a fan of all of his political views but he is principled and I can admire home for that. In this case I think he made a jolly good point.

Wally
4th November 2016, 07:49 PM
Got to give credit where it's due. He made his point, no crime = no time and moved on.

sapper
5th November 2016, 10:40 AM
I wonder if the police would behave the same way to an 'ordinary/ person filming?
I remember a case in Chatham some years ago when a guy with a film camera was arrested for taking a photo of a shop on the high street.
He was released after sitting in a police van for 20 minutes I think. A photography in Chatham day was organised and quite a few of us went out with our cameras, I remember my mate saying to me as we went about photographing, "I am quite disappointed Dave, we have not been arrested yet". :-)

sapper
5th November 2016, 10:40 AM
I wonder if the police would behave the same way to an 'ordinary/ person filming?
I remember a case in Chatham some years ago when a guy with a film camera was arrested for taking a photo of a shop on the high street.
He was released after sitting in a police van for 20 minutes I think. A photography in Chatham day was organised and quite a few of us went out with our cameras, I remember my mate saying to me as we went about photographing, "I am quite disappointed Dave, we have not been arrested yet". :-)

Adagio
5th November 2016, 03:53 PM
Don't you just love it? Those PCs are plonkers.

Greytop
5th November 2016, 03:59 PM
Don't you just love it? Those PCs are plonkers.

I felt a bit sorry for them (only slightly), they were quite clearly out of their depth and on camera :)

Jim Ford
5th November 2016, 05:44 PM
I felt a bit sorry for them (only slightly), they were quite clearly out of their depth and on camera :)

They also knew that they were dealing with a high profile celebrity. I think they would have been more assertive/bullying with an ordinary member of the public.

Jim

Greytop
5th November 2016, 05:51 PM
I think they would have been more assertive/bullying with an ordinary member of the public.

Quite probably, yes I agree.