PDA

View Full Version : High Court Brexit decision to be written on the side of a bus

Jim Ford
4th November 2016, 09:34 AM
"The High Court has taken the unusual step of writing its Brexit verdict on the side of a bus, in order to force Brexiters to accept it without a second thought."

http://newsthump.com/2016/11/04/high-court-brexit-decision-to-be-written-on-the-side-of-a-bus/

(Neat bit of photoshoping perspective)

Jim

Naughty Nigel
4th November 2016, 11:02 AM
Perhaps Olympus should advertise on the sides of buses?

Would Canikon users rush out to buy an OMD without a second thought I wonder? ;)

Wally
4th November 2016, 11:32 AM
:D As Mr Spock would not have said: 'The wants of the one, or the few, outweigh the wants of the many.' *yes

Of course, the 'real slap in the kisser' would be if the the many paid for this decision for the one or the few - via 'legal aid.

Thank goodness for November 5th... gunpowder treason and plot. There's still time to finish the job. ;)

BTW - 'I'm alright Jack,' just got my Irish passport through the letterbox yesterday. :tup

Naughty Nigel
4th November 2016, 11:44 AM
BTW - 'I'm alright Jack,' just got my Irish passport through the letterbox yesterday. :tup

What connection do you need to apply for an Irish passport?

I wonder if it applies to other EU countries? ;)

Jim Ford
4th November 2016, 11:56 AM

It Scotland leaves the UK and remains in the EU, I'll certainly apply for a Scottish passport as I'm half Scots!

Jim

Naughty Nigel
4th November 2016, 12:04 PM
Question is, do I go for Dutch or Italian?

On second thoughts Italian, as the Dutch language is impossible, and Italian cuisine is better. :D

Wally
4th November 2016, 02:33 PM
In answer to NN's query - My mother's mother was Irish, my father was English I have a Welsh name and was born in Scotland. Seems to me, I have ALL the bases covered. :tup

Wally
4th November 2016, 02:43 PM

--> On second thoughts Italian, as the Dutch language is impossible, and Italian cuisine is better. :D

:( Sadly, only if your not in Italy at the moment. t-dwn

Magus
4th November 2016, 10:18 PM
What connection do you need to apply for an Irish passport?

I wonder if it applies to other EU countries? ;)
One Irish grandparent or being born on the Island of Ireland (even in the 6 counties). My wife has just done it on the second grounds.

al_kaholik
5th November 2016, 08:18 AM

On second thoughts Italian, as the Dutch language is impossible, and Italian cuisine is better. :D

Italy is overrated. :rolleyes:

drmarkf
5th November 2016, 03:45 PM
My wife qualifies with an Irish grandmother, but we're biding our time at the moment and will see which way (and how far) things go. It costs around 900 quid I believe.