PDA

View Full Version : Why do I get a sinking feeling when I read this?

Zuiko
3rd November 2016, 10:04 AM
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/boris-johnson-says-brexit-will-be-a-titanic-success/ar-AAjNik9?li=BBrN4i3&ocid=spartandhp

Phill D
3rd November 2016, 10:27 AM
Couldn't get any lower than the Titanic could he. Great clip John.

snaarman
3rd November 2016, 10:32 AM
British politics right now: You couldn't make this stuff up.

oh:

American politics right now: You couldn't make this stuff up.

Naughty Nigel
3rd November 2016, 10:45 AM
But the word 'titanic' has its own meaning: literally of great force or power.

Looked at another way, the sinking of the cruise liner Titanic probably did more to improve maritime safety, especially of British ships, than any other event in maritime history.

Wee man
3rd November 2016, 04:56 PM
It was alright when it left here?

Wee Man

Naughty Nigel
3rd November 2016, 05:28 PM
It was alright when it left here?

Wee Man

Well this is true, although there are still doubts about the grade of steel used in the rivets.

However, what the Titanic did prove beyond all doubt was that watertight bulkheads and cofferdams must extend to the deckheads above, which has been standard practice in shipbuilding ever since.

Everything was fine until the introduction of Ro-Ro ferries, which rapidly become unstable with just a few centimetres of water on the car deck. The obvious answer is to divide the car deck into separate watertight sections, but I doubt that would ever be practicable.

pdk42
3rd November 2016, 05:36 PM
I always thought Johnson was a clever fool. I'm no longer sure about the clever bit.

Gwyver
3rd November 2016, 05:50 PM
John,
Why would anyone believe anything he says?

Cheer yourself up with the thought that you'll soon be a new hip-ster and will have to grow a bushy beard :)

Even better idea - if you invest in one of these new-fangled expensive cameras it would be robust enough to use as a cudgel on the likes of BJ without even becoming blemished. After all, they are dustproof and smashproof :)

Best wishes

iso
3rd November 2016, 08:15 PM
when presenting an award to George Osborne at the Spectator Parliamentarian of the Year Awards.

THAT is what makes me more MAD:eek: :(