PDA

View Full Version : Set Your Camera Time to GMT (for EXIF)

Harold Gough
30th October 2016, 08:35 AM
Your computer will change to GMT but your camera needs to be done manually.

In the menu (EM-1) it is the first option in the spanner menu (basic camera functions).

Harold

Steambuff
30th October 2016, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the reminder.

That is one thing I don't have to remember, I leave my camera on GMT all year, no matter where I am.

I thing that my happy snappy TG-3, changes time automaticallly, and also seems to when it changes time zone.

Dave

Phill D
30th October 2016, 09:49 AM
That's interesting I've never thought to change the time on my camera either. I doubt an hour out will make much difference for 6 months of the year as I rarely take shots around midnight.

Harold Gough
30th October 2016, 10:54 AM
That's interesting I've never thought to change the time on my camera either. I doubt an hour out will make much difference for 6 months of the year as I rarely take shots around midnight.

It helps me to identify my images files on the card, amongst other things.

Harold

David M
30th October 2016, 11:10 AM
Preferring to get out for the blue hour and golden hour it is more noticeable if the time's an hour out. But I usually forget until I spot it in Lightroom. I've got to remember to change the time next weekend.

Ross the fiddler
30th October 2016, 12:37 PM
We had to go to Summer Time (AEDT) at the beginning of this month! :mad:

Anyhow, I went through our cameras & changed the time only to discover my Stylus 1 being used by my daughter was already there & had been all winter. :rolleyes: Them's the breaks! *shrug

Naughty Nigel
30th October 2016, 09:56 PM
That is one thing I don't have to remember, I leave my camera on GMT all year, no matter where I am.

Dave

Me too. I travel quite a lot, and often use photographs in reports, so it is easier to leave it set to GMT. Plus it saves me having to remember to change all of my cameras. :)